UP! Software Problem

talk about anything
twocycler

UP! Software Problem

Post by twocycler » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:14 am

I just got an Up! printer and I can not seem to get the drivers to properly install on my computer. I downloaded and installed 1.16 and I am running Vista in 32 bit. Everything seems to go normally, but after the driver install it tells me I need to restart. After restarting, it goes through the process again, then once again tells me to restart. The driver never seems to install, and if I run the Up! software it immediately crashes.

Just to try and get something to run, I downloaded 1.09 and it installed the driver and ran fine. I could initialize the printer from the software and it seemed to communicate properly. Someone tell me what I am doing wrong so that I can use current software.

Thanks!

juancr

Re: UP! Software Problem

Post by juancr » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:43 pm

Have you tried to ask to UP people in china?
Regards,
JuanCR
(You should know I do my best with my written english ;-) )

eyUP

Post by eyUP » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:00 pm

I had an issue with a laptop - it just would not recognise the machine and we tried different USB ports, uninstalling, rebooting etc. etc
The PC had all kinds of blackberry, Nokia, Garmin satnav, iPod etc.. drivers installed so I decided to create a new user profile, give them admin rights, logged in and installed the UP! software - this fixed the issue (don't ask me how or why but it might be worth trying)

twocycler

Post by twocycler » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:38 am

I just tried installing the Up! Software on an Acer netbook running XP. Everything worked just as it should on the first attempt. I still can not get the driver to fully install on my HP desktop running Vista and I don't want to work on a netbook!

eyUP

Post by eyUP » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:56 am

It could be hardware related - more so if it's an HP ;) - have a search for HP USB port problems, eg: http://www.vistax64.com/vista-hardware- ... perly.html

It may also be power saving setting.. have a look at this document:
http://www.denfordata.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3365