UP BOX just arrived

Share your experience with UP BOX and UP BOX+
pp3dp.nl

Re: UP BOX just arrived

Post by pp3dp.nl » Fri May 29, 2015 4:44 pm

I retried automatic calibration and everything went well this time. Maybe you have to reset values before calibrating or I had something wrong in some settings.. But I printed a test part as big as the build platform (only outer perimeter) and the raft was perfect.

So height calibration is a nice step forward, also it's very nice that the perf board is fixed by 13 screws that click in the board. No warping of the board anymore and easy swapping of boards, there were 4 in the box.

RobGer

Post by RobGer » Sat May 30, 2015 9:11 am

Hi,

Looking forward to seeing some photo's of your print.

Rob.

pp3dp.nl

Post by pp3dp.nl » Sat May 30, 2015 1:08 pm

I tried to upload pictures but as I mentioned earlier on the forum it's not possible now..

I get this error: Could not upload attachment to ./files/840_a4c4ef2680751b39d758ed1646a2669c.

I'll contact support and will try again.

JWA

Post by JWA » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:56 am

Hi,
After manual platform leveling BOX works great.
Printed irregular model with volum maximum dimensions around 20x20x10 and had no visual warping (I didnt measure it).
I only had issues with filament included to the BOX. It wasn't perfectly smooth and was knotted what was causing air printing.

amd-tec

Post by amd-tec » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:10 pm

Afinia added wood and copper filament (pla). Certified for use with Afinia H-Series and compatible printers.
https://store.afinia.com/?utm_source=Ha ... newsletter
"3D design with intelligent printing"
http://www.amd-tec.com

pp3dp.nl

Post by pp3dp.nl » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:04 pm

I happen to know the copper filament, just printed some on my Up Plus. It's great stuff, looks exactly like real copper (it's a bit heavier than normal PLA) and is from RepRapper.

It's on the same small rolls so it's probably from them: http://www.reprappertech.com/3d-printin ... -250g.html

They also have aluminium and bronze, want to try that soon.

Don't know if the wood is also from them, I guess because the roll is the same. The wood from RepRapper did not work well on my Up.

pp3dp.nl

Post by pp3dp.nl » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:06 pm

But back on topic, I want to post pictures of Up Box prints. Can support help me because pictures wont upload to this forum.. I already mailed but no response..

amd-tec

Post by amd-tec » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:06 pm

pp3dp.nl wrote:I happen to know the copper filament, just printed some on my Up Plus. It's great stuff, looks exactly like real copper (it's a bit heavier than normal PLA) and is from RepRapper.

It's on the same small rolls so it's probably from them: http://www.reprappertech.com/3d-printin ... -250g.html

They also have aluminium and bronze, want to try that soon.

Don't know if the wood is also from them, I guess because the roll is the same. The wood from RepRapper did not work well on my Up.
Hi, nice to know, thanks for the reprap link.

amd-tec

Post by amd-tec » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:08 pm

pp3dp.nl wrote:But back on topic, I want to post pictures of Up Box prints. Can support help me because pictures wont upload to this forum.. I already mailed but no response..
Other extension perhaps?

juancr

Post by juancr » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:10 pm

Mine have just arrived. Looks awesome! Automatic level doesn't run very nice so had to level by hand.
I will be very busy for at least a week, but will comment about upbox and will try to upload some photos. Hope warping problems will finish :-)
Regards,
JuanCR
(You should know I do my best with my written english ;-) )

amd-tec

Post by amd-tec » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:18 pm

juancr wrote:Mine have just arrived. Looks awesome! Automatic level doesn't run very nice so had to level by hand.
I will be very busy for at least a week, but will comment about upbox and will try to upload some photos. Hope warping problems will finish :-)
Congrats, now is your turn to print some tests ;). Will send some test part via email.

Cheers.

pp3dp.nl

Post by pp3dp.nl » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:17 pm

3DBenchy1.JPG
3DBenchy1.JPG (241.69 KiB) Viewed 15364 times
3DBenchy2.JPG
3DBenchy2.JPG (96.68 KiB) Viewed 15364 times
3DBenchy3.JPG
3DBenchy3.JPG (96.85 KiB) Viewed 15364 times
Not bad, for such a small print I would place another one on the build platform if quality is important. I opened the wind baffle/barrier. You can open the top or place a magnet on the front if you really want to open the front door when printing.

juancr

Post by juancr » Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:49 pm

amd-tec wrote:
juancr wrote:Mine have just arrived. Looks awesome! Automatic level doesn't run very nice so had to level by hand.
Congrats, now is your turn to print some tests ;). Will send some test part via email.

Cheers.
Waiting for your files ;-)
Regards,
JuanCR
(You should know I do my best with my written english ;-) )

Buster488g

Post by Buster488g » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:08 am

Hello everyone

I'm John from Australia the UP BOX for the public library I manage arrived last Thursday

Initial reaction

1. Solid well built looks good and easy to use

2. The automatic levelling works well, we are now on a steep learning curve before we let our borrowers near it :)

Concerns

1. I spent 3 hours trying to work out the correct way to get the plastic connected with the print head. The documentation would be helpful to have a photo with arrows pointing to the correct spot. very frustrating, I realise it's only version 1 of the manual.

2. I was running it for several hours on Saturday in my office with the door closed and when I came back and opened the door there was a noticeable smell, obviously still needs a well ventilated area

3. There was mention in the pdf I downloaded about a quick set up guide I did not see that.

4. With software 2.15 did anyone spot the spelling mistake on the splash screen when you open it version is spelt incorrectly, I realise I am being pedantic.

Kind regards

John

pp3dp.nl

Post by pp3dp.nl » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:33 pm

Yes since versian 2 of the software I also noticed that on the splash screen ;)

TCD_AU

Post by TCD_AU » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:51 am

I am so close to ordering one now people have been getting theirs from the first pre-sale. and it's working as specified. I own 4 UP!'s, but still felt too good to be true.

2 Questions: Temp mod? Can it be done as easily as the UP!+2? And has anyone seen a 'neat' solution to hook up 3rd party spools? Can the filament be run through the top?

Sure, the OEM filament is recommended and MARGINALLY better in my experience, but it is twice the price of the ABS I use!

Tim

Perth, WA
fb.com/timcourtlanddesign
fb.com/timcourtlanddesign

Expert user of 1x UP! Plus, 2x UP! Plus 2 & UP! Mini.

Can't wait for UP! Box. Tiertime, take my money! :)

Acris

Post by Acris » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:13 pm

pp3dp.nl wrote:
3DBenchy1.JPG
3DBenchy2.JPG
3DBenchy3.JPG
Not bad, for such a small print I would place another one on the build platform if quality is important. I opened the wind baffle/barrier. You can open the top or place a magnet on the front if you really want to open the front door when printing.

What settings did you print this on? Did you use no support material? I am having a lot of trouble getting my UPBOX to work. Thanks