Nozzle heating

How print better models
LaserJon

Nozzle heating

Post by LaserJon » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:23 pm

Hi guys,

Received my UP! today. How long should the nozzle take to heat up - I have been waiting 30 minutes and its increased about 10 degrees.

HELP!

Jon

mr6k

Re: Nozzle heating

Post by mr6k » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:43 pm

jon,

a silly question, but have you set it printing. the nozzle only starts to heat when you start printing

sequeence is load object set up as you desire. hit print preview, this will calculate layers and time to print. at this point nozzle will still be cold

whend happy with the setup hit print. a recalc of layers and time will occur then ob the beep hit ok. now the nozzle starts to heat. look on maintenance window you will see nozzle temp rising. when it gets to around 260 you get a several warning beeps that is starting to print. thetemp values will drop to zero or close, dont worry thats just a software bug, seems the software stops monitoring temperature when printing aactually starts

cheers

peter

LaserJon

Post by LaserJon » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:40 pm

Thanks mr6k,

I have gone through the stages but the printer just hangs when the nozzle should be warming up! I got to maintenance and the nozzle say 'heating' but it doesn't increase in temperature. I have remove the temperature sensor and the temp rockets up when i hold it in my hand so i assume the heating element is duff. The table also doesn't warm up even though it says 'heating' in the maintenance section!

Any other ideas?

wilsonj

Post by wilsonj » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:05 pm

I was going to suggest lightly pushing on the wires going to the heating block, in case they were damaged. But as the bed is also not heating I think there is a bigger problem. Either way I would be contacting the person you bought it from.
Regards
Jamie
3DPrinterGear.com.au