WORKING: SOFTWARE TEMP MOD - ADJUSTABLE LAYER HEIGHTS !

Post improvements made for UP, and share ideas.
cc4469

Re: WORKING: SOFTWARE TEMP MOD - ADJUSTABLE LAYER HEIGHTS !

Post by cc4469 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:53 am

Once again, thank you very much, Flintstone. I tried last night, and regarding your hints, it worked! Great Thing w/o changing the printer's Hardware... :D

Flintstone

Post by Flintstone » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:16 pm

I have printed a few items now (PLA and ABS) with a 0.15mm profile - I have to say that the prints look very good - better than any 0.1mm profile I have found in this thread.

Based on Set 1 (the 0.2mm default settings) the only values to change are
Layer Thickness: 0,150000
Feed SCale: 0,800000

I left everything else default and it looks very good.

3DSTB

Post by 3DSTB » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:31 pm

Hi,
this is a great addon for the Up Software. I still miss a collection of config-files. Maybe an extra thead:

Description:
Printer Filament layer high ...

File:
PLA_UPMINI_0.1mm.cfg

This would be an great addition!
3DSTB

Matchpoint

Post by Matchpoint » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:01 pm

Can someone clarify on temperature for me.

I tried entering values within the Mod itself. Then went to print on the UP software, and the values changed back to the default values (ex 270) after I clicked print. So I then entered new values but the temperature in the lower corner of the up software still showed 270. I tried clicking send temp values but nothing changed. What order do I do things in, and what am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Edit: it looks like the highest temp I can go is 299

lansteys

Post by lansteys » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:48 am

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has found out any further details on the more 'unknown' parameters. Seems things have been quiet for a while, though I'm sure this tool is no less useful for everyone who has followed along.

Less interested in what settings people are using, more what part each plays in the final print. Alternatively, what people have done to find these out besides basic trial & error.

Thanks all, especially those who have been active in making FixUP a reality.

3DSTB

Post by 3DSTB » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:57 pm

Hi,
i have one question. I want a heated print bed (50 °C) when i print PLA raftless on PEI. Can i just set material to ABS which gives me a heated print bed and then just reduce the nozzle temp with this mod? Or is there any other difference between ABS and PLA mode?
Thanks
3DSTB

lansteys

Post by lansteys » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:59 pm

My understanding is that it is just the hot end temp that differs.
Also, with the original heat bed, I believe you get ~60°C, which is not adjustable via software.

I'm just getting up to speed on the UP! System, so please let me know if any of the above is incorrect.

emell

Post by emell » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:10 am

I have a problem to get the FixUp3D running. I have put the .dll in the UP Directory. Whenever I started the software I get an error that the winusb.dll is wrong. I tried it with all the different versions of the Up Software. Windows 10 and Windows 7, Up mini.
Any ideas? I am a little frustrated although the printer in general works great.
Thanks for your help.
Marcus

[EDIT]
Got it! My mistake: I used the desktop icon that was previously generated during software installation. After adding winusb.dll to the Up program folder you have to use the up.exe from within this folder or generate a new desktop icon from there. Strange, but now it works. :D

StefanUP

Post by StefanUP » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:06 am

Hello,
one small question.
The default "Nozzle" diameter is 0.4 mm but. Do I have to "Nozzel Diameter" as 0.400000 "Enter?
0.300000 is green and is standard, but the standard is the UP! Mini 0.4mm?
greetings
Stefan

Matchpoint

Post by Matchpoint » Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:41 pm

For some reason up has the default set at .3 because it works better. Use .3 it works better even though you actually have a .4 nozzle

StefanUP wrote:Hello,
one small question.
The default "Nozzle" diameter is 0.4 mm but. Do I have to "Nozzel Diameter" as 0.400000 "Enter?
0.300000 is green and is standard, but the standard is the UP! Mini 0.4mm?
greetings
Stefan

dario.t

Post by dario.t » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:57 pm

Hi All

I was looking around for some nozzel alternatives to fit in my V2 hotend. So I have found this on the Germany Amazon:

http://www.amazon.de/Signstek-Messing-D ... B00SMJ34KY

I have ordered the 0.4 mm Version. I had to drill the filament hole to a 3,5 mm diameter. Now the nozzel fits to my V2 hotend.

Addtionaly I found that they have also 0,3 and 0,2 mm nozzels.

I was just wondering if together with the FixUp Mod it would be possible got get some more detailed prints with the Up! Mini.

What do you think?

Regards

Dario

3DSTB

Post by 3DSTB » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:15 pm

Hi,
is it possible to make a switch button for the heat-bed into the fixup3d mod? I use a glasbed with hairspray and i like to get the bed heated til the end of the print. Now i tel the software that im using ABS to print PLA with heated bed.
Thanks
3DSTB

brainzilla

Post by brainzilla » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:59 am

You could bypass the relay that controls the bed.
The thermoswitch will still behave as usual, so it is safe.

Manny

Post by Manny » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:04 am

Hi guys I'm new to the community and to 3d printing. Been working on CAD for 10 years and doing some 3D models here and there but never printed any. Just bought myself an UP Box and wanted to buy some 3rd party filaments. After reading here I see that I need some soft of temp mode or temp click wheel to be able to use different filaments. Is the only solution for a Mac parallels for the mod?? Will it run fine on that from someone's personal experience or should I buy sown thing like the octave temp gauge?

Also is there a mod to change the temp of the heated bed? Is this included in the mod? I read on here that using some oil on the filament can help with 3rd party filaments. Would this be a better option?

Thanks for all the help

brainzilla

Post by brainzilla » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:19 am

Manz wrote: Is the only solution for a Mac parallels for the mod?? Will it run fine on that from someone's personal experience or should I buy sown thing like the octave temp gauge?

Also is there a mod to change the temp of the heated bed? Is this included in the mod? I read on here that using some oil on the filament can help with 3rd party filaments. Would this be a better option?
I have a Mini, dunno how much of this is true for the Box.
The mod for the software is PC only. But it works fine with most emulators like parallels.
There is a new software for converting general Gcode from other slicers to UP! printers.
The bed on the older models is at a fixed temperature, set by a thermoswitch below the bed.

mr_x

Post by mr_x » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:05 pm

Hello,

FixUp3D is not developed anymore.

Meanwhile I created a G-Code transcoder which will let you use any Slicer (e.g. Slic3r, Cura, Simplify3D, ...).
It already has support for Mini / Classic / Plus / Box.

Check it out here: https://github.com/MaikStohn/UP3D

Small How-To here: https://www.stohn.de/3d/index.php/2016/ ... tle-how-to

Forum discussion here: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=55250

Maik

moreupper

Post by moreupper » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:48 pm

Hi

Nice tools, but i dont understand why the nozzle diameter is set to 0.3 is it on at up PLUS 0.4?

Anyone using it with a up PLUS and the factory nozzle?

--I want to print with PETG and the temperature for ABS is too high,, about 235 is the right one for my filament. So my only need is to change the temperature to 235.

tel

Post by tel » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:41 pm

If you are using UP Studio, just change it manually in the maintenence section under material customised.

deepsingh852963

Post by deepsingh852963 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:55 am

you are a genius. I already tried 0,15mm upon my Mini without any issues.
What about if I go deeper into settings in imitation of the scan promptness. Will it automatically compensate the feed of my filament? You know what I aspire? Or get I have to report it manually?

Could you accrue a since feature vis--vis your SW Mod? Maybe to accustom by a? the single fields once than hints? Will you grow a multilanguage version? I've seen you are German and as the UP Software is already in German it would be available.
Custom Software Development Company, Desktop Application Development, Mobile App Development Company

NapierDeltic

Post by NapierDeltic » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:12 pm

Hello Maik,
I'm a fresh owner of an older UpMini 1. Thanks for excellent mods. I've just installed your Up3DFix and it worked nice for 0,1 mm layer height. My hope is to obtain very accurate prints in H0 scale (at least as good as with Repetier host on a Reprap printer with the same specs as UpMini). So my first question (or line of questions) would be: have you obtained good results with 0.3/0.2mm nozzles which I have seen in your link? Have you printed with 0.1 or 0.08 mm layers with them; what are the results? What are the optimal settings found to work in those prints? Can you post or give a link to some pictures with the result - accent on resolution, quality (surface) ...? Hope you'll be back with some answers -you have worked a lot to make it happen in direction of print quality.
My personal opinion upon 0.3mm nozzle setting for original 0.4mm setup is obtaining better quality through certain controlled under-extrusion (as shown also by that 0.47 path width factor) leading to lower roughness , at least for vertical walls. Something like vertical grain direction on a standard process extruded material. Finishing on horizontal is controlled by nozzle surface which flattens/spreads extrusion.
I'm not a programmer and still green in 3D printing :)