[BUG REPORT] Setting UPBOX to use TT TPU and then back to ABS+ has Bed Temp stuck at 40 deg.

Support for UP Software. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
Owen Sparks aka Marksman

[BUG REPORT] Setting UPBOX to use TT TPU and then back to ABS+ has Bed Temp stuck at 40 deg.

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:07 pm

Hi folks.

Big problem. It looks like using the TPU extruder has just about killed my UPBOX. The printing went quite well in TPU.

I've now swapped back to ABS+ but Studio refuses to heat the bed above 40 deg. when clicking on the bed heat icon. (This is the TPU bed temp.)

Using 2.5.32.461

The whole point of the UPBOX is it can print ABS...

Initialsing printer and restarting studio didn't fix it.

Owen S.

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Re: [BUG REPORT] Setting UPBOX to use TT TPU and then back to ABS+ has Bed Temp stuck at 40 deg.

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:12 pm

OK, still a bug but not as bad.

I really need this print so tried to print it anyway...

On starting the print it might be setting the correct temp. It's hard to tell as silly studio shows a percentage rather than the actual temp. :roll: :evil: Target is 90 deg and it was showing 60% when printing. It was at 40deg at the start so if it thought 40 deg was the target then it would have shown 100% presumably?

Oh how I love this software. :twisted: :roll: :twisted: :roll: :twisted: :roll: :twisted: :roll: :twisted: :roll: :twisted: :roll:

Owen S.

TiertimeBrook

Re: [BUG REPORT] Setting UPBOX to use TT TPU and then back to ABS+ has Bed Temp stuck at 40 deg.

Post by TiertimeBrook » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:49 am

Hi Owen,

After we tested, If changing the material and the extruder head, without restarting the software, preheat the plate will reach the previous material temperature, but by starting the software ,the preheat will work normal and the plate temperature will reach the right value.
However if you have restarted the software and the preheat still can not reach the right temperature then that will be something wrong, So you can confirm if you have selected the right material ABS+ after replacing the extruder head or try if the second time printing will normal or not?
And we have reported this error to software department and they will take more tests, any news will keep you updated.

Regards
Brook

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:50 pm

Hi Brook.

I have some more TPU parts to print tomorrow. I'll take some notes and screen-grabs when I switch back to ABS+

Cheers,

Owen S.

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:09 am

This also seems to be broken swapping from ABS+ to TPU.

Here I've told Studio that I've installed a roll of TT TPU, which has a pre-defined bed temp of 40 deg.
Next I've clicked on the platform heat icon.
And the bed heats up and continues past the target, here it's already 15 deg too hot.
TPU Capture.PNG
TPU Capture.PNG (4.54 KiB) Viewed 3506 times
I believe the extrude button also ignores the target temp as the tpu just dribbles out of the nozzle as if it's over heated.

Come on TT. If there is no option but to use your software then it has to work.

Regards,
Owen S.
Last edited by Owen Sparks aka Marksman on Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:02 am

OK, have finished the TPU prints so was ready to take some screen grabs of changing back to ABS+

However this is how Studio looks like now...
Studio Blank Capture.PNG
Studio Blank Capture.PNG (8.07 KiB) Viewed 3501 times
Outstanding.

Owen S.
Last edited by Owen Sparks aka Marksman on Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:48 am

OK, I've restarted studio, set the material to ABS+, set the bed to perfboard, set the nozzle to 0.4 and hit the heat icon.

The bed temp rose to 44 deg and then started going down again.
Capture temp.PNG
Capture temp.PNG (71.71 KiB) Viewed 3499 times
after leaving for a few minutes it's now around 41 deg.

OwS

3DWP

Post by 3DWP » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:12 pm

I have the same unpleasant surprise of a platform that won't heat to 100 degrees anymore, in the middle of a very important print job I have to finish :x

While typing this I tried the Up software 2.18 (you know, the older software that had very few bugs) and that appears to heat the table again. I hope the heat gets to 100 degrees and stays there..

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:44 am

UP_3DWP wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:12 pm
While typing this I tried the Up software 2.18 (you know, the older software that had very few bugs)..
Yeah, I remember waiting for ages for 2.18 to be upgraded into something more modern, and then wishing we could have it back again. That said I see Simplify3D is getting a lot of negative comments these days so does a good slicer exist?

Owen S.

3DWP

Post by 3DWP » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:51 pm

Up 2.18 worked around the bug for me although the blue progress LED bar seems to work different. But I have a few LED lights that are dying/dead so could also be the last 3 or 4 don't work anymore too by coincidence.

At least the software says the platform heats to around 100 degrees again but haven't measured it.