UPStudio G-code Tutorial

Support for UP Software. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
moreupper

Re: UPStudio G-code Tutorial

Post by moreupper » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:39 am

I have the UP! Plus with auto level. I have S3D too use it on other printers.

Now i have done what i see in the forum. I import s stil into S3D and export the G-Code. Open up UP Studio and import the G-Code, after that nothing happened in the GUI, but the Studio was freezing up.

3DWP

Post by 3DWP » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:25 pm

OwenSparks wrote:Good stuff.

I wonder if this is a scaling error or an offset?

That is to say if a 20mm cube measures 20.2 will a 200mm cube measure 200.2mm or 202mm?

Owen S.
I have been testprinting a lot with version 2.0.1.3, currently I have the extrusion multiplier set to 25.00 and see that the direction from front to back (X axis) is significantly ''thinner''. A 20 mm cube is about 19.6 in that direction. When I scale the model up to 100 mm the distance is about 99.50 mm while the Y axis/left to right is about 99.95 mm.

moreupper

Post by moreupper » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:33 pm

OK mine up wont print gcode.
But i know S3D and a multiplex of "extrusion multiplier set to 25.00" is totally wrong. If it is right then the up software is wrong.
The multiplex of the extruder is only to make compensation of difference in filament.
Nozzle set to 0,4 and multi to 25 it will result in 10mm filament to pass a 0,4 nozzle.
Fix the bad up software before going live. Just my hints :shock:

3DWP

Post by 3DWP » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:36 am

moreupper wrote:.
Fix the bad up software before going live. Just my hints :shock:
I agree but somehow they transcode this to their machine code, their other gcode compatible printer the Cetus also this high multiplier for some reason.

On another note about bad software, this whole cloud thing and printer activation is getting annoying because now my Up Studio won't print normal STL files anymore. Why did Tiertime go this route, if their servers are out we can't print or something? This is ridiculous. I'm really longing for the old days (the old CPU) and the old simple software. If gcode works I think I won't go back to this train wreck. I use these printers for work and sometimes I can't use them :evil:

moreupper

Post by moreupper » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:12 pm

Go for prusa3d.com or a cheap one "Wanhao Duplicator I3 V2.1" both work nice with S3D. :D
My UP!Plus is best with the old windows software, but the i cant use my PETG filament because of the temperature. I think i will do a hardware mod.

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:15 pm

I like the enclosed chamber of the BOX+ and some of the mechanics but am giving serious consideration to building FRANKENBOX by transplanting in the electronics from the Prusa MK3. Better bed leveling, proper filament moving sensor, contactless homing, missed step detection, oh and real GCODE support.

Owen S.

3DWP

Post by 3DWP » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:12 am

Yes I'm really tempted to leave this behind me but have been working with Tiertime since about 2010..

I just had to calculate a price and now Up Studio works again, no material error pop up. What was frustrating was the new CPU is blocked from the old software so no way to calculate unless I replace the CPU for the old Up Box version.

ZeeHammar

Post by ZeeHammar » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:07 am

Will this work for the original up mini? The documentation only references the 2.

I have been using the gcode transcoder for quite some time. But this would make things much easier.

brunningm

Post by brunningm » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:12 am

TierTime closed my ticket regarding the z-offset not working properly.

I've re-opened it and requested further feedback.

halfluck

Post by halfluck » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:19 am

ZeeHammar wrote:Will this work for the original up mini? The documentation only references the 2.

I have been using the gcode transcoder for quite some time. But this would make things much easier.
I've got the same question, Any chance you have tried it?

Thanks Rob.

brunningm

Post by brunningm » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:48 am

Well, it's been over a month since I contact TT about the gcode issues with the latest UPstudio.

I've had one response, which was they are looking into it, and then they closed the ticket.

I re-opened the ticket 2 weeks ago requesting an update, and haven't heard anything since.

TT - If this is what your customers means to you, my next printer is not going to be from you. These are significant investments, and honestly, I don't like not being kept informed. I've worked Tech Support myself, and there is no reason that I'm not getting an update.

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:37 am

Quote from "brunningm" Well, it's been over a month since I contact TT about the gcode issues with the latest UPstudio.

I've had one response, which was they are looking into it, and then they closed the ticket.

I re-opened the ticket 2 weeks ago requesting an update, and haven't heard anything since.

TT - If this is what your customers means to you, my next printer is not going to be from you. These are significant investments, and honestly, I don't like not being kept informed. I've worked Tech Support myself, and there is no reason that I'm not getting an update.

Wow, that's pathetic. I'm amazed that an international company can get away with this.

Did you see the post from TT on the end of this thread?

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=56074

Owen S.
Last edited by Owen Sparks aka Marksman on Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

brunningm

Post by brunningm » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:11 am

quote="OwenSparks"

Wow, that's pathetic. I'm amazed that an international company can get away with this.

Did you see the post from TT on the end of this thread?

Owen S.[/quote]

No I hadn't. Customer service definitely feels like an afterthought...
Last edited by brunningm on Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

3DWP

Post by 3DWP » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:47 am

Hey where are the last two replies, they have disappeared ?

brunningm

Post by brunningm » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:58 pm

Forum Bug? was able to get mine to reappear by removing the quote from OwenSparks on first line, and the link to the forum post he mentions, otherwise, it kept telling me there were insufficient characters.

Then when pasting the link, it would kill this post as well...unless I turn off Parse URLS.

https://up3d.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=56074

Edit: Also, interestingly, if you click the quote button....the post is still available to quote.

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:03 pm

So what's new in the world of TT GCODE?

Are we any nearer on:-

(a) Fixing the last nozzle height bug.
(b) Getting it working on the old CPU.
(c) Proper machine control via S3D so we can use nozzle height detect and bed calibration values.

It's been a few months now so I'm regretting taking TT's word that GCODE is working and spending my company's money on S3D. Please convince me I'm wrong on that...

Owen S.

brunningm

Post by brunningm » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:11 am

The last thing I saw was this cryptic message in your censor post @owens

https://up3d.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=56104

"@Jospeh

"There is an update on the problem"

Where exactly is the update? Downloads is still showing 2.1.1.1 which had the issue with the head not getting close enough to the board...and I've just checked my ticket and still no update there."

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:17 am

Hi Brunningm, yeah I saw that thanks.

My post was a test really as it looked like TT were taking an interest in customer service again so I thought I'd post and see if they came back within 24hours with some answers to problems we have with their products and software.

Test results as follows:-
24 Hours = Nope
Answers = None

Grade F

Owen S

Microtech

Post by Microtech » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:39 pm

Printer Up Box.
I'm preparing g-code in symplify3d. All settings on the pictures UPStudio G-code Tutorial. After warming up the extruder, the printer lowers the table down and moves the extruder to the right corner until it stops. End. Motion system error. What's wrong?
sorry :-(

Microtech

Post by Microtech » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:10 pm

The question on Simplify3d and Up Box was decided after updating Up Studio. Thank you.