UP Studio V1.1.2.0 update is now available!

Support for UP Software. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
Tiertime-Jason

UP Studio V1.1.2.0 update is now available!

Post by Tiertime-Jason » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:25 am

What's new:
1. A new skin and ability to change model color
2. Inlcuded new language support: German, Italian, Traditional Chinese
3. Optimzied the wheel menu, easier to input values.
4. Improved 3D display algo, more smooth operation.
5. Opimized Wi-Fi setting interface.
6. Able to edit machine name on the status bar.
7. Optimized print parameters.

Enjoy!

:lol:

3DWP

Re: UP Studio V1.1.2.0 update is now available!

Post by 3DWP » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:11 am

Thanks Jason!

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:15 am

Hi Jason.

Great news thanks :D

Just tried the update from within the 1.0.0.4 studio (as i believe this is enabled now).

After I clicked on the update button a "spinning around" icon appeared on the right of the update blue square. This has been spinning around for about 30 minutes now. No indication as to whether it's found an update, is downloading anything, can't connect to the internet, has crashed, who knows? It looks like there isn't a timeout on this. :roll:

Unfortunately I need to be printing stuff now so I'll uninstall it manually later and download the new version from the website. :|

Cheers,

Owen S.

arhi

Post by arhi » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:25 pm

upgrade worked (not from inside, I downloaded new installer, it installed over existing one upgrading it) .. but I don't see all those nice changes you talked about :( the wheel looks the same, the 3d view is the same ?! .. 'cause all is same I then uninstalled everything and installed fresh 1.1.2 .. well still not sure what's new (I don't use other langs then eng, don't have wifi machine, don't care about skin/part color, right click menu is same, wheel is same..) ...

will try to print something tomorrow, maybe there's a change there

tel

Post by tel » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:01 am

Like others, I couldnt get the upgrade to work from inside Studio.

On the highlighted changes:
1. A new skin and ability to change model color - its there, but changes nothing really, would have prefered to be able to run it in a window
2. Inlcuded new language support: German, Italian, Traditional Chinese - dont use these so will just assume they are a good thing
3. Optimzied the wheel menu, easier to input values. - Cant see any change from 1.0.0.4, am I missing something?
4. Improved 3D display algo, more smooth operation. - Again, cant really see much of a difference, couple of additions to the right click menu but wouldnt think they will get much/any use
5. Opimized Wi-Fi setting interface. - Dont have wifi on the UP Box so cant comment
6. Able to edit machine name on the status bar. - Thanks - wasnt something I was hanging out for!
7. Optimized print parameters. - Will run some tests and comment back later - hopefully this is where the main changes are

I'm assuming still nothing on:
- Preheat issue for "older" machines
- ability to run in window
- improved way of moving the printhead around the board

I thought somewhere that it was highlighted these would be in the next release (although I now cant find it so may have been dreaming!)

Tiertime-Jason

Post by Tiertime-Jason » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:22 am

Hi tegregg,

run in windows will be in next release, ability to manually heat up the bed is in the next release( the "old preheat" that will work as the 2.18).
now you can move the head with the calibration interface but why you want more than that?

tel

Post by tel » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:15 am

Thanks for the update Jason

On moving the head, I have no issues with how it currently is (once you work out how to do it its fine). It was raised previously by someone and I thought the response was that it would be made easier in the next update, but thinking about it now, it may have been related to a print head offset, not moving the print head around.

From my perspective (as I have the UP Box), I never used the old pre-heat as I do it by using the buttons on the side, but can appreciate without the buttons it would be an issue. A true preheat where the box doesnt start printing until the bed is at temperature is still my preferred outcome, similar to what was intended in Studio. One question on this, if we take up the wifi upgrade once it is released, would the changed CPU also address this (assuming the upgrade is by way of switching the CPU)?

arhi

Post by arhi » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:23 pm

tegregg wrote: On moving the head, I have no issues with how it currently is (once you work out how to do it its fine). It was raised previously by someone and
by me :D but I was shown how to do it so I'm ok with it now ... I'm sorry for the new users not following forum as it's not very intuitive interface.. (I'd suggest clicking on the board move the head there, that's more likely someone will try)

@jason, well switching from "this" to windowed version would be a huge step forward :D so waiting patiently :D

now I have to ask, is there a plan, for some near future release, to have real print preview?

vmstech

Post by vmstech » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:48 pm

BUG REPORT:

For some reason when I open up the new version of Studio, as soon as I go to add a part Studio crashes and closes :cry: I don't know why this is happening, but it takes 3 or 4 goes at opening the program before it doesn't do this, very strange! If this could be fixed as soon as that would be fab.

Cheers,
Heather :geek:

tel

Post by tel » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:04 pm

Did you uninstall the previous version before installing the update? I found on the previous update I had very similar issues that were fixed by uninstalling and then reinstalling.

But a bug all the same.

furnibird

Post by furnibird » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:01 am

I am getting an error this both the update and last version for some reason. Was working fine a few days ago.
Any ideas.
Attachments
Screenshot (22).png
Screenshot (22).png (130.32 KiB) Viewed 15647 times
Screenshot (21).png
Screenshot (21).png (115.14 KiB) Viewed 15647 times

ideas108

Post by ideas108 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:57 am

I can report that I have seen that error 2 using this version of studio

Regards

John

furnibird

Post by furnibird » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:29 am

Ok solved. Uninstalled and did full reg clean. Downloaded 1.20 and installed. All ok so far. May be something in the auto update.

Tiertime-Jason

Post by Tiertime-Jason » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:32 am

We testing in-software update using vpn routing through different countries and indeed some routes are not able to access to our server to update the software.
Looking into the problems.

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:32 am

Just did a manual uninstall of 1.0.0.4 and install of 1.2, all went OK.

On trying to print I was greeted with an error message saying the nozzle height was not set. (I don't want to do an auto setup as I know the sensor is off.) I could open up 2.17 and find the value and copy it over. However (correct me if I'm wrong) I think it's just that studio doesn't have a value yet, the printer already has a value stored internally. All the SW need to do is ask the printer for its current value on the first run after install.

Just a thought,

Owen S.
Last edited by Owen Sparks aka Marksman on Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

steelmans

Post by steelmans » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:15 pm

Where is the new Mac version?

Tiertime-Jason

Post by Tiertime-Jason » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:53 am

The Mac version is a little later than Win, as everytime we update the Mac version, there is an approval process which typical delay a few days for the updated version to appear.

steelmans

Post by steelmans » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:54 pm

Tiertime-Jason wrote:The Mac version is a little later than Win, as everytime we update the Mac version, there is an approval process which typical delay a few days for the updated version to appear.
So when will the Mac version be available?

The App Store says it is still version 1.0.0.3 which can't be right because I'm running version 1.0.25 (1.0.30) on the Mac.

vmstech

Post by vmstech » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:58 pm

Hi,

A few small details that I'd love to see sorted in the next software update:
- I'm using Windows 10 and when pinned to the desktop/taskbar there isn't any sort of icon, just a blank page
- Not full screen, and the ability to open it/move the window to a second screen
- Instead of just the time left to finish printing a part, could we have an estimated time? You keep testing my maths skills when I'm trying to work out if a part will finish printing before I leave work or not!
- Would love to be able to click onto the software and see previewed on the screen where it is up to with the print (maybe with the area still to go shaded in or a different colour?)
- Okay this one is pernickety: when you right click and say 'delete all', it says "delete all of models" - is it just me or is this not the correct English?

I know these are all pretty small things so sorry if I sound annoying :lol:

Heather

titaniumapple

Post by titaniumapple » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:27 pm

vmstech wrote:Hi,

A few small details that I'd love to see sorted in the next software update:
- I'm using Windows 10 and when pinned to the desktop/taskbar there isn't any sort of icon, just a blank page
- Not full screen, and the ability to open it/move the window to a second screen
- Instead of just the time left to finish printing a part, could we have an estimated time? You keep testing my maths skills when I'm trying to work out if a part will finish printing before I leave work or not!
- Would love to be able to click onto the software and see previewed on the screen where it is up to with the print (maybe with the area still to go shaded in or a different colour?)
- Okay this one is pernickety: when you right click and say 'delete all', it says "delete all of models" - is it just me or is this not the correct English?

I know these are all pretty small things so sorry if I sound annoying :lol:

Heather
Agree with all of these!