UP Studio vs Simplify3D

Support for UP Software. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
Stefan

Re: UP Studio vs Simplify3D

Post by Stefan » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:15 am

I love my Up MIni but one thing I hate about it is the fact that it isn't open sourced!

Please, please let us use your products with third part apps such as Simplify3D!

arhi

Post by arhi » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:42 pm

04Stefan07 wrote:I love my Up MIni but one thing I hate about it is the fact that it isn't open sourced!

Please, please let us use your products with third part apps such as Simplify3D!
simpllify3d has huge issues itself .. so a wrong project to look at in this content since it's also closed and not expandable/extendable .. but using slic3r or cura .. that would be a great thing..

smith59

Post by smith59 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:13 pm

I'm doing a trial with the M.Stohn UP3D Tools right now.

I'm not about to tear down a printer that belongs to my employer! I would if it were mine... :twisted:

I've had to guess some parameters to set it up, but so far the quality is much better than from Up Studio, because I'm able to properly control stuff like raft size and density, infill size & shape, speed, retraction, coasting, filament dia, extrusion rates, bridging, fan speed - all the the settings you must have control of to get good, consistent, professional prints....