UP software Mac 2.0 is available

Support for UP Software. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
Tiertime-Edward

UP software Mac 2.0 is available

Post by Tiertime-Edward » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:30 am

Hi all,

Finally UP software for Mac is available to download. With this new UP software, nearly all functions in Windows and Mac parallel.

Here you can download, http://www.pp3dp.com/index.php?option=c ... &Itemid=90

Change log of UP software Mac 2.0 is below.

1. "Open Recent" menu item that displays recent prints.
2. Pause printing at a certain height.
3. Thin surface printing.
4. Shell printing.
5. Added .UPP format, a new UP project file format, in which print parameters are saved.
6. The 0 mm2 and Only Base options are included in the Support Area> settings.
7. Data transmission boosted from Mac to UP Plus 2 3D printer, taking advantage of high speed CPU.
8. When printer is extruding or withdrawing filament, platform will move 30mm lower to avoid possible filament mess around nozzle.
9. Automatic calibration of nozzle height and platform leveling (UP Plus 2 only).
10. Optimize raft printing for less material use, easier removal.
11. Automatically determining "unsolid" option.
12. Fixed the BUG of continuously printing the previous model on top of a print after the print job is done.
13. Various other bug fixes.

mollysue

Re: UP software Mac 2.0 is available

Post by mollysue » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:56 pm

Got excited there for a moment.

Will not install on my iMac - keeps failing to install !

Any ideas? - by the way I am on Maverick OS

koruki

Post by koruki » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:30 am

Hi I am getting crashes when I initiate the print.

Running Mac 10.9 Mavericks.

Tiertime-Edward

Post by Tiertime-Edward » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:26 am

Sorry, there are some issues to use Mac software on Mac 10.9 Maverick. Is it possible to downgrade the Mac OS temporarily? We will try to solve the software issue and to be compatible with Mac 10.9.

roller

Post by roller » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:37 am

Edward wrote:Sorry, there are some issues to use Mac software on Mac 10.9 Maverick. Is it possible to downgrade the Mac OS temporarily? We will try to solve the software issue and to be compatible with Mac 10.9.
No, it is essentially impossible to downgrade without wiping your drive and starting again. Even then ... it's really really hard, especially to go back to Lion or Mountain Lion.

roller

Post by roller » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:31 pm

Ok ... I've moved across to Mavericks now and I initially had problems. Rename your old Up software, repair permissions, install new software, repair permissions ... and it worked for me. The install has always had issues with permissions so I suspect the upgrade to Mavericks broke something else. I've noticed my previous install of the software also works fine after repairing permissions so you could just give that a go first.

I did the repair permissions from the live OS - no need to boot into the recovery console.

polymer8

Post by polymer8 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:34 pm

OK, so the mac software 2.0.4 does not work! But nothing on 3D Printing systems site to alert new users of this, nor any suggestion as to what to do so solve the matter other than downgrade your operating system! Crazy. Anyone got a solution for this or know how or when it may be fixed?

josejuako

Post by josejuako » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:24 am

I'm in Maverik and not install I wait but fix .

J

roller

Post by roller » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:44 pm

polymer8 wrote:OK, so the mac software 2.0.4 does not work! But nothing on 3D Printing systems site to alert new users of this, nor any suggestion as to what to do so solve the matter other than downgrade your operating system! Crazy. Anyone got a solution for this or know how or when it may be fixed?
Did you read my post directly above yours? I've had already done 4 prints with 2.0.4 (which says its 2.0(3) when installed) on Mavericks without issue once I did as I stated earlier.

polymer8

Post by polymer8 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:06 am

Did you read my post directly above yours? I've had already done 4 prints with 2.0.4 (which says its 2.0(3) when installed) on Mavericks without issue once I did as I stated earlier.[/quote]

Thanks for the tips. I'm not running OSX10.9 (I'm on 10.8.5 on a locked down Uni work machine). What do mean by 'repair permissions'?

I did get the machine to print using version 1.4, but had to manually software level and calibrate the machine + when the print finishes the machine goes crazy crashing the print head back into the part.

roller

Post by roller » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:28 pm

Repair permissions is run from Disk Utility - it runs through and fixes up the file permissions. It's often required to tidy up issues on a Mac. I've had absolutely no issues with running recent software on 10.8.5. Again, I'd suggest a repair permissions and maybe reinstalling Up 2.0.4 if that does not work. Your issues may have something to do with how you machine is locked down.

With the print going crazy - that is unlikely to be a software or operating system issue - I've had it happen but never on a Mac only on Windows and it has something to do with corrupted print jobs on the card - might also be prudent to unplug the printers USB while printing.

JasonUK

Post by JasonUK » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:39 pm

Hi, I have tried the different suggestions on here and it still crashes when printing.
I am using OSX Maverick 10.9 and UP 2.0.3 - which I updated to when 1.4 failed to print.
I assume this is being looked into? Any idea on timescale as have to take print to meeting on Monday :o(

I have tried installing UP in Parallels on XP but it refuses to startup.

I knew I should have left one machine on 10.8

Jason

p.s. Hi all - newbie to forum here :o)

cwells

Post by cwells » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:36 am

I just ordered a printer as a gift. Have the issues with Maverick been resolved? Is the permissions procedure the fix or are there other issues people are having. Thanks.

roller

Post by roller » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:26 pm

Well I am not sure the issue is consistent. I've just tried it on a clean install and that also worked. I am finding things to be a little inconsistent with Mavericks across the board. Hopefully the first update will sort all that out.

JasonUK

Post by JasonUK » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:10 am

I re-did a clean install using CleanMyMac2 to remove old and new versions of UP - and now the software seems to work.

I am printing buildings from my CAD software (ArchiCAD), and UP 2 can be a little temperamental when it comes to pitched roof junctions with slabs and walls, but after a little tidying of the model it works fine.

I believe this version to be a vast improvement to the last, as materials on V1 would cancel each other out if they were both in the same space, as now they seem to both be recognised as solids. BUT, the best improvement is the raft - the print now releases easily and cleanly from the raft :D

roller

Post by roller » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:06 pm

And both shell and surface options is good to have too...

There is something very broken with the Mac installs ... and Mavericks is also doing something different with application directory permissions.

albill

Post by albill » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:10 am

If you open the "maintenance" mode on a Mavericks 10.9 machine and leave it open for more than 30 seconds, the Mac 2.0+ software will lock up. Does it all the time for me.

roller

Post by roller » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:14 pm

albill wrote:If you open the "maintenance" mode on a Mavericks 10.9 machine and leave it open for more than 30 seconds, the Mac 2.0+ software will lock up. Does it all the time for me.
That problem is not exclusive to Mavericks nor to version 2.0 of the Up software. I often get a freeze when I leave the maintenance window open ... so I don't. I just bring it up as I need it and quit it. From memory pulling the USB plug will unfreeze it sometimes.

albill

Post by albill » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:17 pm

roller wrote:
albill wrote:If you open the "maintenance" mode on a Mavericks 10.9 machine and leave it open for more than 30 seconds, the Mac 2.0+ software will lock up. Does it all the time for me.
That problem is not exclusive to Mavericks nor to version 2.0 of the Up software. I often get a freeze when I leave the maintenance window open ... so I don't. I just bring it up as I need it and quit it. From memory pulling the USB plug will unfreeze it sometimes.
It may not be new to you but it didn't start until I put 2.0 on my system.

I work in software for a living (for decades now) and this software is just embarrassingly bad.

roller

Post by roller » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:07 pm

It may not be new to you but it didn't start until I put 2.0 on my system.

I work in software for a living (for decades now) and this software is just embarrassingly bad.
Oh well, welcome to the new maint screen bug. I've only seen it in every version since 1.4.

Yes, it's pretty poor but at least it has shown signs of improvement over versions.