[FEATURE REQUEST] Wait for platform to get to temp

Support for UP Software. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
LonV

[FEATURE REQUEST] Wait for platform to get to temp

Post by LonV » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:20 am

I think it would be really nice to have an option (checkbox) that would allow me to send the print to the printer, but wait for the platform to get to temp before printing (like the nozzle waits). This would allow me to not have to wait 10 or 15 minutes before sending a print.

roller

Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Wait for platform to get to temp

Post by roller » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:04 am

Agree... and I'd like to see that the platform hits a desired (settable) start temp before it starts to heat the extruder so filament doesn't sit there roasting while the platform catches up.

It would take a little longer this way but it will stop the extruder filling up with roasted filament and needing a clean as well reduce the risk of filament jams due to heat spreading up through the extruder (particularly an issue for PLA).

LonV

Post by LonV » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:13 am

Yeah, good point

wackojacko

Post by wackojacko » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:16 am

This was in a previous version where it would wait to get to temperature, but several users asked for it to be removed.

I think an advanced section with a few options would be great like this.
Bruce
http://www.3DPrintingSystems.com

Need help with your printer, check out our Youtube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/user/3dprinting ... /playlists

ktronik

Post by ktronik » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:03 pm

I would be happy with 'heat 1hr' and 'to bottom' as buttons on the front page, and not hidden in menus...I use this every time I start, and hardly use all the other buttons...K

roller

Post by roller » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:20 am

ktronik wrote:I would be happy with 'heat 1hr' and 'to bottom' as buttons on the front page, and not hidden in menus...I use this every time I start, and hardly use all the other buttons...K
Same, especially since jumping in and out of the maintenance menu is one of the most common ways to crash the Mac version of the software.

DickL

Post by DickL » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:43 pm

Hi
I agree about the to bottom button. I would like to see the head and bed temps on the main screen.

DickL

adamj12b

Post by adamj12b » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:44 pm

This is somehting I would also find very helpful.

I like to start print jobs before I go to bed, but if I get home late, I still have to wait another 25-40 minutes for the whole bed to heat evenly to 90C. If it had a delay start or wait till X temp and then start its process of heating the extruder and start printing it would be perfect.

The idea of the bed and head temps on the main screen would be great as well.

-Adam