Replacement heated bed.

Support for UP mini. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
Macflame

Replacement heated bed.

Post by Macflame » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:07 am

The heated bed on my Mini 1 has fried. Hopefully the motherboard is OK. I have tried to get a replacement from Tiertime but they are out of stock, if indeed they ever restock given the age of this printer now. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement in the UK or Europe. I found a place in Australia but with postage I could get a new printer for the same price. I love my Mini and would hate to consign it to the recycle bin, but not at any cost. lol

bjorn

Re: Replacement heated bed.

Post by bjorn » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:54 pm

I'm sorry I couldn't find a link, but I seem to recall there being a aftermarket bed as an upgrade for this?

If everything else fails, have a look if you could just buy a random bed with the correct thickness, cut it to size and shape - and stick the largest possible silicone heater under it after its cut to size? (Edit: Or just straight up slap a silicone heater on it?)

Thats what I'll do to my Mini 2, take a round Ø330 3mm aluminum bed* and cut out a shape to fit the bed, and stick a 120x120mm 50w 24v heater under it to improve the power.

*) because I had one spare from a wrong shipment a while back:)
Last edited by bjorn on Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

bjorn

Re: Replacement heated bed.

Post by bjorn » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:53 am

Come to think of it, the bed is relatively robust compared to the output transistor/mainboard and wiring. How certain are you its the bed that is at fault?

Do you have a multimeter to do some simple troubleshooting?