Head off alignment at init

Support for UP mini. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
Thom

Head off alignment at init

Post by Thom » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:31 pm

Hi All,
I've been having a problem with the 3D printer at school and I cannot for the life of me figure out a solution to it.
Basically, when the printer has finished initialising, the head and platform are supposed to align to NL. However, the head is away from the left by about an inch and a half. I initially ignored it, but when I then went to print, the job was off center by about an inch and a half to the right.
I have tried reassembling the head, restarting the printer multiple times, and even manually shifting the head over to the far left before power on - but to no avail.
I read on another forum that the X Axis Switch may be out of alignment, but I couldn't find anything online on how to realign it.
Does anyone have any experience with this that they could share their solutions with me?
Thanks!
-Thom Gibbs

Woodlake

Re: Head off alignment at init

Post by Woodlake » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:53 am

When the machine initialises, it homes itself against 3 micro switches - one for each axis.
If it is not centred after homing, then you need to look at the switches.
Generally people either bend the arm of the switch (very gently so it doesn't snap!) or add a piece of plastic to the part that contacts the switch to compensate for the offset (I did this for my front to back axis).
Being that your offset is very large though, it sound like it may be a faultly switch...

Thom

Post by Thom » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:01 am

Thanks for your reply.
It was working fine for about a year until about a week ago, when it happened. Where would I be able to source a new switch and is there a guide to replace it? Thanks!

Thom

Post by Thom » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:13 pm

Bump.
I've found where the Y switch is, however I can't find a replacement one anywhere online.
Could anyone send me a link?
Model No is 3DP - 10 - 4B.

Many Thanks
-Thom

Tiertime-Elaine

Post by Tiertime-Elaine » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:45 am

Hi Thom,

Please contact support(at)tiertime.com for more help.

Elaine