Extruder LED Lights Never Turn On

Support for UP mini. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
conspiracyx

Extruder LED Lights Never Turn On

Post by conspiracyx » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:07 pm

I am troubleshooting several UP Mini machines and having the following issue with the LED light strips in the extruders:
  • On all but one of the machines the light never turns on.
  • On the machine where it works, the light seems to be working "as intended" - it's turns on whenever the machine is turned on and after quickly tapping the power button. The light turns off automatically after about 1-2 minutes.
  • The problem doesn't appear to be related to the LED strip or any part of the extruder assembly - all extruders function correctly when connected to the Working Machine.
  • The problem doesn't appear to be in the ribbon cable either - I traced the LED light signal lines to the back of the board and they remain off on the machines where the light doesn't work.
This leads me to believe the problem is software/firmware related. How do I solve it?

Woodlake

Re: Extruder LED Lights Never Turn On

Post by Woodlake » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:48 am

Not sure about your "as intended" operation, as is mine is different:

The LED is OFF unless explicitly turned on - it does not turn on with the machine.
The LED is switched on and off by a SLOW double tap to the on button.
The LED remain ON until it is turned off or the machine is shut down - it does not turn off after a pre set time.

Maybe try the slow double tap?

conspiracyx

Post by conspiracyx » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:32 am

Just tried the slow double tap. It worked!

That's good info to have, thanks!

Woodlake

Post by Woodlake » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:38 am

No problem!
Glad it worked for you.