Up mini support no help

Support for UP mini. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
Brothengar

Up mini support no help

Post by Brothengar » Mon May 01, 2017 3:56 pm

Ive been dealing with this for weeks now, im getting no response from my service emails.
I purchased this printer, the serial number on the unit doesnt match what the software says, and i keep getting print number limitation error.

support has provided no real info, last message i got was about a week ago and said they think its something wrong with the cpu and they would check stock or something . but I have heard no response, getting really pissed off, this is by far the worst service i have ever experienced.

I just want to get this piece of crap working so i can sell it since ive already purchsed a much more expensive unit out of frustration.

Wargass

Re: Up mini support no help

Post by Wargass » Mon May 01, 2017 8:10 pm

Hey! I had a pretty bad experience when I reached out to the support team as well, the agent literally didn't listen to or understand what I was asking.
Have you tried reseating the SD card a couple times? I was having some really weird shit happen, I disconnected the printer and reseated the SD card a couple times it was clicked in well and a new update poped up in the software which resolved most of my issues. I have found you need to outsmart the calibration and do part with the automatic but part of it manually. What software are you using? I have both UP studio and UP!, I like studio better because I can play with material temps

The machine itself is great once you get it calibrated and working, but the company will not help you get there unfortunately. I have had my UP! mini about 5 months and JUST got it working optimally. I needed to actually build a 3D printer to understand enough about them to get good results out of the UP! mini. This is NOT a machine for newbies lol.

Tiertime-Joseph

Post by Tiertime-Joseph » Mon May 01, 2017 8:50 pm

Hi Brothengar,

The CPU you have is an old one, and the machine was made sometime in 2014. The CPU mismatch was because the owner probably did a CPU replacement, which caused the CPU shown in the software does not match the Serial Number on the sticker.

Both serial numbers are old, and they can not use UP Studio without CPU upgrade after a certain number of prints, like you have seen in the error messages. So the best way of doing this is to use the 2.18 software, which does not have print number limitation.

Thank you

Joseph

Brothengar

Post by Brothengar » Tue May 02, 2017 9:58 pm

Tiertime-Joseph wrote:Hi Brothengar,

The CPU you have is an old one, and the machine was made sometime in 2014. The CPU mismatch was because the owner probably did a CPU replacement, which caused the CPU shown in the software does not match the Serial Number on the sticker.

Both serial numbers are old, and they can not use UP Studio without CPU upgrade after a certain number of prints, like you have seen in the error messages. So the best way of doing this is to use the 2.18 software, which does not have print number limitation.

Thank you

Joseph

Thank you that is helpful.