Leveling and the perf board

Support for UP mini. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
Brothengar

Leveling and the perf board

Post by Brothengar » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:38 pm

Im new to this machine, but how does anyone use the perf board, my prints stick so bad to it i have to destroy them to get it off.

is there something im doing wrong ? the machine came with no instructions for leveling etc , im going based on the ultimaker2 i have at work and leveled it within a very fine tolerance , maybe i need more space ? my print quality is great just cant get it off the board

Woodlake

Re: Leveling and the perf board

Post by Woodlake » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:44 am

You can find a download link to the manual here:

http://up3d-dev.github.io/downloads/doc ... l-V1.0.rar

Take a look in the manual for the procedure.
Basically, you set the nozzle height by placing a folded piece of standard copy paper (~0.2mm) bewteen the nozzle and board.
The raft should be well bonded to the board by design. Use the scrapper to remove the print from the board, then the raft from the print.

ricks01

Re: Leveling and the perf board

Post by ricks01 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:34 am

Brothengar wrote:Im new to this machine, but how does anyone use the perf board, my prints stick so bad to it i have to destroy them to get it off.

is there something im doing wrong ? the machine came with no instructions for leveling etc , im going based on the ultimaker2 i have at work and leveled it within a very fine tolerance , maybe i need more space ? my print quality is great just cant get it off the board

What filament are you using? UP! filament or third-party filament? if you use third-party you have to print at a lower temperature.