Custom material settings / pre heat does not work

Support for UP mini. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
Wargass

Custom material settings / pre heat does not work

Post by Wargass » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:55 pm

[backstory] I have been having adhesion issues with large ABS models (Surprise!)
I have tried pre heating however I noticed no matter how long my printer is on for the print bed seems to stay at ~65.I noticed the software has 76 for bed temp when selecting ABS so I have created a custom material with N268/B98, set to pre-heat, and watched as the printer kicked up right away, preheated the nozzle and did nothing for the print bed before trying to lay down a line. I have tried letting my printer sit, turned on and initialized, for well over an hour hoping to have the bed nice and warm, no luck. My UP! Software says it's up to date (1.4.2.1), Before I try something like the ABS + Acetone slurry I need to make sure I am not missing something.

Heksagon

Re: Custom material settings / pre heat does not work

Post by Heksagon » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:51 am

I have exactly the same issue and I have no idea how to fix is. :(

Tiertime-Jason

Post by Tiertime-Jason » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:54 am

preheat check box in print preference only preheat for 15 minutes. The logic is if the target temperature is reached within 15mins, it will start printing. If the target temp is not reach but 15 min passed, the printer will also start printing.

To make the platform hotter before printing, the solution is used the preheat button in the maintenance section, where you can manually heat up the platform for period of time, eg 60 minutes.

please mind that the maximum platform temp could be reach by BOX+ is between 80-90C.

Heksagon

Post by Heksagon » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:22 am

Well, the problem is my Up Mini 2 maximum temperature is about 66C. Even with 60 minutes of pre-heating. Thaat's quite problematic with ABS materials.

Tiertime-Jason

Post by Tiertime-Jason » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:38 am

for size of up mini's print bed, 66C is enough for most of the case. If ABS still warps with very well preheated platform, it will likely other factors contributing the warpping, eg, too much cooling from the fan or the platform may need a little bit of leveling in software.

If your print job is occupying the entire platform, you can also use the perf board instead of the flex board, which will hold the prints even stronger (but more difficult to remove).

Wargass

Post by Wargass » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:24 am

I have preheat checked in preferences, printer ALWAYS starts right away, no prheat time regardless of temp (60/80/100 tested).
Preheat in Maintenance is always greyed out so I cannot manually preheat.

spbplus

Post by spbplus » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:54 am

Preheat in Maintenance is always greyed out so I cannot manually preheat. UP mini, UPstudio, there is no way to heat the table.

Blutgeist

Post by Blutgeist » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:57 pm

Hello,
i recommend to use the new UP Studio Version 1.5.0.3 for Windows. I have a UP Mini and it was greyed out in the lower Version.
But now it is functional....