over usage restriction layer:0 and some other errors

Support for UP mini. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
mpac

over usage restriction layer:0 and some other errors

Post by mpac » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:15 pm

hello I am fairly new to 3D printing and received a up mini 3D printer I have been able run a few jobs for about a week and a half and then when i started using the up 2.18 software (newer version) so now every time I go to print I get the over usage restriction layer:0 error and the printer doesn't print or even respond to any commands put in from the software. I have been looking all over the forums and have tried lots of different things including using a different computer. and now the printer is sitting on my desk collecting dust. thank you in advance for any help that I can receive.

wackojacko

Re: over usage restriction layer:0 and some other errors

Post by wackojacko » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:49 pm

Try using UP Studio and register your printer.....
Bruce
http://www.3DPrintingSystems.com

Need help with your printer, check out our Youtube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/user/3dprinting ... /playlists

mpac

Post by mpac » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:43 pm

just tried an now I'm getting print number limitation and the light is going wild

Tiertime-Jason

Post by Tiertime-Jason » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:53 am

Hello Mpac11,

I am wondering if you are using the mini or the mini 2.
You may need to login to UPStudio and go to account section then activate the machine in order to remove the print limit.

mpac

Post by mpac » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:50 pm

I am using an up mini.
I went into the software and clicked activate and it tells me that its activated and it shows up on my account on the website but I am still getting the same error.

lightspeed

Post by lightspeed » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:37 am

I'm also wondering this. I've tried authorizing, but I get this error message: ERROR: Unable to get activation code back from server. So now I am stuck with no way to print, wishing I could afford a Makerbot.

mpac

Post by mpac » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:37 am

sorry about the late reply, but I opened up a help desk ticket back in November and the guy said that it might have been a CPU issue. so i sent the old one back and got the new one and now the printer works like a dream.