Heated bed problem after using UP Studio

Support for UP mini. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
rryerson

Heated bed problem after using UP Studio

Post by rryerson » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:18 am

So on a whim I installed UP Studio to use with my UP Mini and UP Box... Everything was working perfectly with my UP Mini until I tried using it with UP Studio. The heated bed would heat up initially and then shut down after the print began... So I went back to 2.18v of the Up Software but still the UP Mini will only initially heat the bed but as the print begins it stops heating... I have a second non-functioning Up Mini (dead main board) in which I swapped out the heated bed with (which I know works) but still no joy... Anyone have any clues why my original up Mini's bed won't heat for the duration of a print? Again, everything was working great until I tried using the new UP Studio....

Thanks
Richard

rryerson

Re: Heated bed problem after using UP Studio

Post by rryerson » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:56 pm

Ok, I fixed the issue... re-installed the ROM/Firmware in my Up Mini and now all is well... Going to stick with using 2.18v Up Software for now....

nzniceguy

Post by nzniceguy » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:39 am

Damn, I tried that software and I too am having odd issues all of a sudden.....how do I flash the rom?

ricks01

Post by ricks01 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:02 pm

Open your UP! software, select "Tools" then select "Update ROM". Then select a ROM file from the directory of which your UP! software files are located.

nzniceguy

Post by nzniceguy » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:34 am

Thank you, i'll do that now. Fingers crossed!

LeFreak76

Post by LeFreak76 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:10 am

Hi ,
i hope it is OK to come back to an old Post. I have exactly the same problem. Despite that i have not yet used UP Studio at all. The heatbed heats up, but as soon as i start printing it gets cold again and the warping starts right when the raft is printed... After a warranty replacement of ther heat bed the problem stays the same.
I had a look and noticed that i have a ROM 6.110 and firmware v3.34. So i wanted to try installing the old firmware. But unfortunately there is no ROM File in my Installation of V2.18 i have now tried to install older versions but also there no ROM File is present.
Where can i get the matching rom File? Or daoes anyone have an idea if this heating bed problem might be something different?

Thank you for some answers.
Jan