Changed from PLA to ABS -- Warping

Support for UP mini. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
TechTeacher

Changed from PLA to ABS -- Warping

Post by TechTeacher » Thu May 12, 2016 4:54 pm

Hi

New filament was purchased for our elementary lap Mini -- we changed from PLA to ABS -- and now we have warping.

I have adjusted the level of the nozzle and the print bed, clicked on NEW spool and entered in the weight.....but we still warp.

But only on the front 2 corners, the back areas are laying flat.

I have turned off raft.

There is no plan to purchase new PLA until our 3 spools of ABS are gone -- so I need to make this work.

And I have 45 4th and 5th graders anxious to see their creations in Tinkercad printed out to our printer.

Any help you can provide is appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
Jennifer

ricks01

Re: Changed from PLA to ABS -- Warping

Post by ricks01 » Fri May 13, 2016 12:47 am

TechTeacher wrote:Hi

New filament was purchased for our elementary lap Mini -- we changed from PLA to ABS -- and now we have warping.

I have adjusted the level of the nozzle and the print bed, clicked on NEW spool and entered in the weight.....but we still warp.

But only on the front 2 corners, the back areas are laying flat.

I have turned off raft.

There is no plan to purchase new PLA until our 3 spools of ABS are gone -- so I need to make this work.

And I have 45 4th and 5th graders anxious to see their creations in Tinkercad printed out to our printer.

Any help you can provide is appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
Jennifer
It sounds like you are having ABS prints warp now, but didn't warp in the past? is that correct?
ABS will always warp to an extent, especially with larger prints, it is just the nature of it.
However, you can minimize warping by preheating the table and completely close the fan door on the extruder when using ABS, leave it open for PLA.
The front door should also be closed during printing to help keep the inside of the printer as warm as possible.
I also suggest turning "raft" back on.

Can you post pictures of the prints that are warping?