Z axis think's it is about 2 kilometers in the sky.

Support for UP mini. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
HazzaH

Z axis think's it is about 2 kilometers in the sky.

Post by HazzaH » Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:34 pm

Good day!

I've had this issue for a while now and have no idea how to solve it.

Basically, the UP software thinks that the z Axis is MUCH higher than should be physically possible, which results in the printer's z axis stepper motor grinding when it hits the lowest point and still keeps trying to lower more.

I've tried to re-calibrate with no success, un-installed and re-installed the software, gotten the last software and also tried the whole "unplug it form the power source completely and wait a while, then hook it all up and try again."

I feel like there needs to be some kind of firmware flashing, hard reset or something. I'm hoping there is something I can do myself, without having to deal with the local seller, who are based quite far away from me.

Tmi

Re: Z axis think's it is about 2 kilometers in the sky.

Post by Tmi » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:20 pm

Did you check if the limit switch for you z axis is working correctly?

I had an issue with the z-axis a few weeks back. I took out the limit switch and pressed / depressed it manually while trying to operate the printer. Everything worked fine and i put it back in again. Im not sure what the exact problem was, but that fixed it. I read somewhere that the z-axis limit switch (in the mini at least) is prone to suffering from loose contacts.
I hope this helps.

Regards

HazzaH

Post by HazzaH » Sun May 08, 2016 9:47 am

It's really weird because it will also happen with the X and Y axis at times when I try to calibrate; but unlike with the Z Axis, they only do it for a moment before stopping and continue on as normal. I actually can't switch on the printer without it trying to position the bed, and thus starting to grind against the Z Axis, but I'll try pressing the Z limited manually to see if it helps.

HazzaH

Post by HazzaH » Sun May 08, 2016 9:51 am

The X and Y axis will also grind against their limit, but there is no read out for their limitation in the software so I can't tell if it is a 'setting' issue or not; so I'm not sure if it is a limiter issue just yet. Will try out your suggestion though! Once I figure out where the limiters are on the Mini...and if my crab claw hands can reach them when you are operational. :D