Up Mini Heatbed not working

Support for UP mini. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
nexster

Up Mini Heatbed not working

Post by nexster » Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:11 pm

Hey,

I just noticed that my heatbed is not heating up anymore. The printer wasn't used for about 3 months because I didn't have time at all.

I just took my multimeter and measured all the voltages on the cables. There are about 16-18V coming to the heatbed, so the internal control of the heatbed seems fine.
I also measured the thermal switch on the heatbed itself and noticed, that it isn't conductive at all when the heatbed is cold. Is that normal? My theory is, that this switch should be conductive when the heatbed is below 60°C.
The heatbed and the upperside of the heatbed is not damaged.
Could it just be a broken thermal switch which is preventing my heatbed from working? And where can I get a new switch from?

Thanks and greets from Germany,
nexster

nexster

Re: Up Mini Heatbed not working

Post by nexster » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:33 am

Edit1: I ordered new thermal switches (http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B008SOCB8Y (Don't wonder, the amazon pics are broken, I did not order wrapping paper ^^)) because I am pretty sure it is the switch that is broken. When I short out the switch, my heatbed has a resistance of 12.3Ohms, which seems normal to me.