Communication Error

Support for UP mini. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
rusty

Communication Error

Post by rusty » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:27 pm

3d printer is Up! Mini, Windows operating system, currently using v2.17 up operating software, ROM Version V6.06

The communication error FIRST occurred during a print, using Windows 7 operating system, during the print job, computer was unable to connect to the printer. (printer is disconnected error) After restarting computer and printer, I still had the communications error. I then tried a different computer (Win 8.1), this system did find the printer, but after the printer starts to print job, usb connections are disconnected until printer job is completed, then printer reconnects with computer. Therefore during printing there is no monitoring of layer cutting, temperature reading, and I am unable to do any emergency stops using the up software......

Any help with this communication error, is well appreciated...

Rusty

mb20music

Re: Communication Error

Post by mb20music » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:28 am

In many cases when the printer is not recognized by the computer it is due to a bad CPU board on the printer. How long have you had your printer? is it under warranty still?

rusty

Post by rusty » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:56 pm

Hello, thanks for the reply... About a year, not absolutely sure how long I owned it. I did send a message to support about the problem, haven't heard back yet...

Hopefully not the motherboard, especially since the computer does communicate with the printer in setting up the calibration and sending the print. Just during printing it gets disconnected, and when the print job is done, reconnection is back on line...

Do you or anyone reading this post, know how to "reset" the Up Mini CPU?

Thanks

Darkiwins

Post by Darkiwins » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:16 pm

i had the same problem with software 2.17 on the up plus

try using 2.18 or an older version of the up software

rusty

Post by rusty » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:25 am

Interesting, so did changing the software version solve the problem you were having? Thinking back, it was after I upgraded to version 2.17 that the problem started.... I have tried everything, including installing earlier versions... So what version of the software are you using now? I can't find the newest version (2.18)that any suggested, where I can download it?

Thanks

mb20music

Post by mb20music » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:09 am

rusty wrote:Interesting, so did changing the software version solve the problem you were having? Thinking back, it was after I upgraded to version 2.17 that the problem started.... I have tried everything, including installing earlier versions... So what version of the software are you using now? I can't find the newest version (2.18)that any suggested, where I can download it?

Thanks

You can find it here...

http://pp3dp.com/index.php?option=com_j ... ry&catid=1