print directly onto platform

Support for UP mini. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
horbinsr

print directly onto platform

Post by horbinsr » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:44 pm

Hi again. Another issue I just can't overcome... I want the first bit of filament to be printed (after the little nozzle prep swipe) to be MY MODEL, not a raft, base, foot, support, rim, or ANYTHING else.
I'm working with UP Mini , MacBookPro, v2.17, Qual= Fine, Z re=.02, Fill= surface and shell, Support=area:0 mm2 and base only and moving the very bottom of my model so it's touching the platform surface and also dropping the model below the platform. I can't find any other options in the software.
Any experience or advise to pass on?
Thanks, horbinsr

Darkiwins

Re: print directly onto platform

Post by Darkiwins » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:40 pm

if you press "print" you can set some settings

one setting named " no raft" just klick it.

maybe you need to re calibrate your printer if you want to print raftless just try it out :)

horbinsr

Post by horbinsr » Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:03 am

Thanks for the reply Darkiwins.
I've been turning off the "RAFT" and printing with "BASE ONLY" and the "0mm" setting under "supports". The printer always wants to lay down "something" before it starts the actual walls of the model, like a brim or mini raft. I've re-calibrated the platform many times. I thought it was possibly the space left between the base of the model and the platform when you "auto place" the model after loading, but I've tried placing the model's base at different distances from the print bed, even below it, but that doesn't seem to affect anything I want the first line it prints to be a line of my model, not something to 'glue' the model to the print bed.
Any other suggestion?

brainzilla

Post by brainzilla » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:02 pm

Try the Windows version of the software.
As far as I remember, using OSX always gave me that thin first layer no matter what.

I use Windows via Parallels plus the temperature soft-mod.
Works fine - raftless prints have no raft whatsoever.

Darkiwins

Post by Darkiwins » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:24 pm

well you can turn off Rafts but you cant turn off Support
maybe its Support in your case?

try a diffrent stl-modell

you can placing the Models by holding "ctrl" button
but you are right if you try to set the Z axis higher or lower it doenst change anything - even on windows pc

if this didnt help you try what brainzilla sayed :)