Failed Heat Bed mod.

Support for UP mini. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
Macflame

Failed Heat Bed mod.

Post by Macflame » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:46 am

I wired up a 90c thermostat in parallel with the 60c one but added a sliding switch so I could use one thermostat or the other. Pre heated the bed. Nothing. Checked my wiring and cable connection all seemed good. Still nothing. Checked the thermostats for open circuit. All good. Decided to put it back as it was. Still nothing. Is there anything else I can check?

stormychel

Re: Failed Heat Bed mod.

Post by stormychel » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:14 am

How did you connect everything vs the switch?
@stormychel

Macflame

Post by Macflame » Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:36 pm

I snipped one leg of the 60c thermostat from the bed and soldered the centre pole of the switch there. I had one leg of the thermostats joined at the same point . The other legs were soldered to the end poles of the switch. If this makes any sense.

jeeplvr

Post by jeeplvr » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:20 am

Post a picture of it. Also look for deep scratches on the top of the heater to see if you have a broken connection in the heater passes.

Macflame

Post by Macflame » Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:44 pm

Thanks for the reply. I put everything back as it was before your response. Still doesn't heat up. So I attempted to use just PLA and an acrylic build plate. Now the print stops after the first couple of layers. It seems to do it after I close the print preview box.