Manual G-Code Insertion.

Support for UP mini. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
Khanzi

Manual G-Code Insertion.

Post by Khanzi » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:44 am

I've been using CURA by Ultimaker and I haven't actually printed with it but i'm intrigued by the control it proved. The speed and temp kinda stuff. Now it only exports G-Code so far I know. Is there any way I can get that G-Code onto the Up!. So far I can't see anyway for the default software to accept G-Code. It slices the STL and generates the G-Code and then exports from what I understand. I just want a direct G-Code insertion method. Any ideas or programs? I've already tried some but non seem to recognize the Up!. All help welcome!

caesar

Re: Manual G-Code Insertion.

Post by caesar » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:22 am

There is no way at this moment to get foreign gcode to print on the UP.

Besides temperature control (done easily with a mod) there is no other slicer with better results than the UP software.

If you want open source route, take out the control board and change it for a open source one. It will allow you to use the hardware with other slicers but most certainly with worse results (print quality wise).

roller

Re: Manual G-Code Insertion.

Post by roller » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:58 pm

The Up uses proprietary code not GCode - no hope to insert your own gcode. Tht said, some have worked on cracking some of the code and inserting their own info to modify temp. You might want to hunt down some of them on the forum (use google rather than the internal search) - I think some were using linux to assist with capturing the data to the USB port so including that in your search may pull up some answers.