Persistent SD Card Error

Support for UP mini. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
carlmamawal

Persistent SD Card Error

Post by carlmamawal » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:32 am

Hi All,

I can no longer print with my UP mini because I cannot solve the sd card error. Here are the things that I have already tried:
- re-seat the sd card
- initialize multiple times prior to printing.
- replaced the sd card with a better card
- replaced the usb cable
- ran Up Inspector Test SD Card. Got "WriteSD error" as response.
- ran Up Inspector Read Print Parameters. Got "Error Code 003, Can't Read Print Param from Computer and Printer"

I am very frustrated now with my printer. It has been like this for the past 2 weeks and I still dont have a solution.
Any help is appreciated. I am desperate.

Thanks

carlmamawal

Re: Persistent SD Card Error

Post by carlmamawal » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:00 am

I finally got my printer working again. There was a solder close to the usb port that remelted and somehow connected itself to the bronze anchors of the board. Im guessing the card reader was shorted because of the solder. I after I removed the connection, my printer started working again.

Thanks

Toejamfloyd

Post by Toejamfloyd » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:03 am

Thanks for posting your issue, and your fix! Hopefully it'll help some treped explorer in the future!

mitch

Post by mitch » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:15 am

Hello, I think I have the same issue the soldering seems to have melted onto the ring for the screws, how did you go about removing the solder?