UP MINI Connection NG

Support for UP mini. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
Anthony

UP MINI Connection NG

Post by Anthony » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:19 am

CYMERA_20140826_143633.jpg
CYMERA_20140826_143633.jpg (233.09 KiB) Viewed 11510 times
I am having a UP MINI with Version 9 main board, currently break down because of PC unable to receive connection from MINI. Machine power - OK, internal connectors - OK, connection - NG. Does anyone having the same issue like me? lost connection but the machine wasn't spoiled or acted abnormal.

Please HELP :(

optiondev

Re: UP MINI Connection NG

Post by optiondev » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:49 pm

Same problem here.

Worked yesterday, today non of my computers can link to it. Very frustrating!

jeeplvr

Post by jeeplvr » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:54 am

Just got the same problem. No USB connection to any of my computers. I have tried everything including inspecting the main board for hot spots. My X axis doesn't work properly now either. This is two printers dead in one week for me. I cant find any resources for a new main board either but I will ask anyway.
Does any one know where I can get an UP Mini main board used or new?
Also I need a Davinci 1 main board also.

optiondev

Post by optiondev » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:33 pm

Have tried to mail pp3dp, but no reply.
Anyone here sucessfully talked to them regarding dead printers?

mb20music

Post by mb20music » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:45 pm

Sounds to me like these issues are actually a faulty / fried CPU board, which pp3dp is showing a price of $1100.00 for a new one.
(New Mainboard from pp3dp is $400.)

You of course would be better off purchasing a brand new printer.

Right now, Tiertime has the Up! Mini selling on eBay for $480 shipped, US only.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UP-mini-3D-Prin ... 418bac56a5

jeeplvr

Post by jeeplvr » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:11 am

I see 599.00 for the printer. I don't think my CPU is fried since it will do some things independent of my computer. Maybe I just don't understand what the CPU does in this case. What is on the memory card? Is it possible to use it to print without a computer?

brainzilla

Post by brainzilla » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:25 am

I guess you have tried reseating the SD card?
My mainboard also has a RESET button on it. Don't know what exactly it resets though…

You could also switch the whole board for a RAMPS or similar, after all it's just 3 motors and two heaters…
But then you also lose the UP! software…

optiondev

Post by optiondev » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:12 pm

I have had the Up mini for a couple of weeks so buying ANY replacement part is out of the question, and let alone a new printer from them.

Does it have a seperate usb ic or is it all on the "cpu" (fpga?). I cant imagine it being the cpu itself since it initializes just fine, turining on/off light works, and it has a steady blue light on the button.
I have tried reseating the sd card, and the reset button (cant imagine it does anything more than a power cycle does).

But what irritates me the most that there is no reply from PP3dp at all.

So my suggestion to anyone looking to buy one of this paperweights: DON'T! :evil:

Tiertime-Joseph

Post by Tiertime-Joseph » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:15 pm

Hi,

Please send me email directly joseph.guo@pp3dp.com. Please write down when and to which email address you have contacted pp3dp. I will follow up and resolve your issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Joseph

mb20music

Post by mb20music » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:29 pm

optiondev wrote:I have had the Up mini for a couple of weeks so buying ANY replacement part is out of the question

Of course, in your case since you just purchased your printer, you are under the 12 month warranty, they should repair your machine or replace at no charge.

mb20music

Post by mb20music » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:34 pm

jeeplvr wrote:I see 599.00 for the printer. I don't think my CPU is fried since it will do some things independent of my computer. Maybe I just don't understand what the CPU does in this case. What is on the memory card? Is it possible to use it to print without a computer?
Apparently, it was a "Cyber Monday" deal and they just ended it, actually they changed it to $599 plus they are throwing in 3 rolls of filament.

If your printer is not communicating with your computer, it is a strong possibility it is the CPU, they have been known to fail from time to time.

The memory card just stores the print data that it receives from the computer before it begins the print. It only allows you to physically disconnect the USB cable after the print has begun.

optiondev

Post by optiondev » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:26 am

Tiertime-Joseph wrote:Hi,

Please send me email directly joseph.guo@pp3dp.com. Please write down when and to which email address you have contacted pp3dp. I will follow up and resolve your issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Joseph
Thank you!
Mail sent.

optiondev

Post by optiondev » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:16 am

Well people, I think an apology is in order.
It seems that our ISP had some mail issues and when I started complaining on this forum on lack of response my mails to pp3dp had not arrived them.
After getting in touch with them yesterday they have been very helpful and will exchange my dead cpu under warranty.

jeeplvr

Post by jeeplvr » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:46 am

Well I cant afford the 400.00 main board. I have been looking for a used board but there is nothing out there. I am printing finger prosthetics and have three orders just waiting that I probably wont be able to fill with no usable printers.
This sucks.