Warping of materials/ CLeaning PCB

Support for UP mini. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
voradams

Warping of materials/ CLeaning PCB

Post by voradams » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:33 pm

I have been having the issue of warping and the ABS material not adhering to the PCB.

The warping becomes pronounced as the head moves away from the centre of the print surface.

Will the changing of the thermostat fix the issue? Until then, how long should I preheat the board for best results?

On a different note, while learning the best settings for the printer, some ABS material is now stuck on the board, especially in the holes.

Is there a good way of dissolving this for that fresh PCB look?

mb20music

Re: Warping of materials/ CLeaning PCB

Post by mb20music » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:29 am

The platform heater on the Mini just doesn't get hot enough to prevent warping. ABS will warp to some degree anyway. You can however minimize warping by keeping the fan door on the extruder head closed. If the raft is coming up from the PCB board you might need to make sure the platform is level and adjust the nozzle height. To set the nozzle height, ake a sheet of copy or printer paper and fold it. Slip the paper in between the nozzle and platform table. Adjust the height until you have some resistance when you slide the piece of paper under the nozzle. It can take some trial and error to get that "sweet spot".

As far as the old ABS plastic from previous prints that gets stuck in the holes of the PCB board, just leave them alone. I know the PCB boards do get ugly after several prints but the can actually can help somewhat with the raft adhesion by melting into the prints. Hope this helps!