printer disconnected

Support for UP mini. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
jonas

printer disconnected

Post by jonas » Tue May 13, 2014 11:57 am

hi,

i just recieved my mini up, i connect it, it makes noise, blue light.
but in up prog to print i cant press print and in the left corner isf: printer disconnected.

Yakuza

Re: printer disconnected

Post by Yakuza » Tue May 13, 2014 4:26 pm

try 2 pull out your usb kabel from your pc en put it back in.
Press initialize in Up program.

Grtz Kevin

jonas

Post by jonas » Tue May 13, 2014 10:19 pm

it's fixed, i let it search manually for driver from UP folder, its windows7

J_Man

Post by J_Man » Sun May 25, 2014 8:54 pm

I'll post in on this thread rather than create my own. My printer that I just got Friday 5/23/2014 keeps showing printer disconnected. I played with it for a while and ended up doing a ROM update. Once I did this, it finally stayed connected until I print. I can send the file and print stuff, but as soon as it begins to print, 2 minutes into it the program shows printer disconnected. It still shows the printer in the control panel and full USB shows it's connected. Just the program say it isn't. I can pull the plug and replug and it will show it's connected in the program for maybe half a minute then shows it's disconnected again. Once the design is through printing however, it shows back in the program that it's connected and will stay online until I print something else.

This doesn't sound like a damaged printer to me. It sounds more like something software based. Is this a common error and people are just having to live with it until the company updates the software, or is there something else going on?

J_Man

Post by J_Man » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:37 am

Nobody ever replied to my post with any input or anything, but I did want to offer a follow up for anyone that stumbles on this. The latest software update seems to have fixed this issue. I really had my doubts that it was the printer. Something is obviously was incompatible in the previous version and was causing issues. Now it's working fine with version 2.12