Filament tangles on the roll

Support for UP mini. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
Eric_at_Tamaggo

Filament tangles on the roll

Post by Eric_at_Tamaggo » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:29 pm

Hello,

I have a small problem that I think will be easily resolved. I'm a new Up! mini user and when I installed the roll, I was not very cautious, and the filament ended up being a little bit loose. Then, whenever I printed something, I needed to stay close to make sure the filament did not intertwine and block. I also tried to re-roll the filament properly, but with no real success. I guess there is a simple tip that you guys use to prevent this, so I would appreciate your input!

I took a picture of the lastest entanglement that made my print fail.

Thank you!
Attachments
problemwithroll.jpg
problemwithroll.jpg (253.08 KiB) Viewed 5577 times

ahd71

Re: Filament tangles on the roll

Post by ahd71 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:34 pm

My fifty cents is to never let the filament not been either fixed to the machine, holding the end with your hands or using a "filament clip" (like http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:39900) while storing the rolls and it shouldn't happend :-)

roller

Post by roller » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:24 am

ahd71 wrote:My fifty cents is to never let the filament not been either fixed to the machine, holding the end with your hands or using a "filament clip" (like http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:39900) while storing the rolls and it shouldn't happend :-)
Yep, that's the simple tip. Never let the end go free otherwise it gets all tangled. I just weave the free end through the holes on the side of the spool when I eject it to swap rolls.

ahd71

Post by ahd71 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:55 am

Yes, for roles having holes that works fine, and for the role swithout pre-made holes I use my clips...

(Pardon me for the grammar in my previous post.
Using 'double negatives' and a multi-OR statement wasn't the best way of describing it....
it must have been late or something :shock: ....)