CPU burn out

Support for UP mini. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
paulanand

CPU burn out

Post by paulanand » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:07 am

Hi, I am using an up mini for a while and yesterday it started to show vertical drop down and stalling of stepper motors in the mid way. After two three times, now the cpu processor light is failed and not lighting up. Now it seems like up ini is dead, can you suggest any way to bring it alive ? Thanks in advance.

GrantWatson

Re: CPU burn out

Post by GrantWatson » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:35 am

I've had my CPU in the Mini fail twice since I've owned it, both times replaced under warranty.

However, I have concerns about the longevity of these CPU's given the heated chamber and the fact that the controller board and CPU are not thermally isolated.

The project done by brad72 here on the forum I think will go a long way to helping, I am actually making this today to install on my Mini.
http://pp3dp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=34222

Cheers,
Grant

mb20music

Re: CPU burn out

Post by mb20music » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:12 am

Sounds like the CPU is fried and will need replaced. If not under warranty, the CPU board is $1100. I have no idea why PP3dp / Microboards wants so much money for the CPU Board. You would be better off buying a brand new UP! Mini.