UP! Mini broken nozzle

Support for UP mini. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
czmorris

UP! Mini broken nozzle

Post by czmorris » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:42 pm

Hi All,

When attempting to remove the nozzle from the heater in order to clean it the nozzle sheared off. (UP! Mini) Very much like the example at this link. http://www.tedvisaya.com/3D-NozzleBroke
I did heat the extruder first as per the instruction in the manual and I did use the tool that came with the printer.

For those who have had their printer for awhile is this a common problem with this extruder or is it more likely that I just had a rare case here? Searching the forums for this problem I haven't really seen any other entries about it. A web search only turned up the link above. If you are aware of other instances here or on other site please let me know. :)

I have a replacement nozzle heater (Since half the nozzle still seems to be seazed inside of mine) and two extra nozzles already on order which should hopefully be here in the next few days.

Thanks

mike_strickland

Re: UP! Mini broken nozzle

Post by mike_strickland » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:25 pm

Just to say, +1 on having this problem. The brass nozzle sheared off, with the thread stuck inside the aluminium body of the heating assembly. Just trying to work out if it is possible to remove the remains of the nozzle or if the entire block is basically a write-off at this point; has anyone encountered this problem and had any success at removing the broken nozzle from the threaded hole??