Bulldog clips

Support for UP mini. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
scubamatt41

Bulldog clips

Post by scubamatt41 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:05 pm

Are the bulldog clips to hold the print sheet a must? What happens is that the wind barrier knocks them off from time to time.

In a nother case:
I'm printing the vertical calibration model. It is auto placed but to close to the front clips, so I moved it but when the print starts it's still to close to the clips.
I moved the model looking at the scale located at the back and left of the platform in the released V1.18 UP software. I moved it approx 1cm to the back but still it hits the clips. 1cm would be enough.
I have to move the model approx 2cm in the software to get 1cm real effect?
Always breath out on the way UP

wackojacko

Re: Bulldog clips

Post by wackojacko » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:17 pm

If the wind barrier is hitting the clips then you need to loosen the extruder block and drop it down by 1mm, check the manual how to do this. Always check were you have placed the model in the software, then if you think the nozzle will hit a clip, remove that clip and replace in a non printing area after printing. Sometimes the warping of the plastic is so great it will warp the perfboard so it's important to hold it down.
Bruce
http://www.3DPrintingSystems.com

Need help with your printer, check out our Youtube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/user/3dprinting ... /playlists

scubamatt41

Post by scubamatt41 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:02 pm

Okay thanks. Next down time I will put some washers inbetween to get +1mm distance and calibrate again
Always breath out on the way UP

roller

Post by roller » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:19 am

I'd estimate I put about a roll of genuine filament through my Mini without the clips without any issues of the perfboard moving during printing. They make a nice safety net but it didn't seem the clips were absolutely necessary.