Rafts sticking to my Prints Solved

Support for UP mini. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
Steveb56

Rafts sticking to my Prints Solved

Post by Steveb56 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:39 pm

Why are my rafts sticks to my prints and not allowing me to peel away?

My Mini was working fine for the first 2 days. I installed 1.8 Windows and now I am having this problem.

Any help?

Thanks
Last edited by Steveb56 on Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

roller

Re: Rafts sticking to my Prints

Post by roller » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:12 am

Well they have changed the formula again to improve peel away support for layers 0.2mm and under ... I'm thinking maybe they made it worse instead. Let's see what others report.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:05 pm

My extruder was too hot, experiencing the same problem. But I don't think the new boards can be adjusted. Are you using OEM ABS Material to print?
Last edited by Marcus on Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wackojacko

Post by wackojacko » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:24 pm

In Auckland the humidity is at 94% and has been very high for the last few weeks. Our open rolls of filament are absorbing the moisture, need to get some damp dry as my rafts are not coming off no matter what version I use. (Up filament and our own flavour)
Bruce
http://www.3DPrintingSystems.com

Need help with your printer, check out our Youtube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/user/3dprinting ... /playlists

roller

Post by roller » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:33 am

I have an airtight drum with the lower half filled with water absorbing material (kitty litter now - seems to work well and cheap) a tray in the middle and the top half stores my filament. Every couple of weeks it get to sit in the sun for a couple of days which gets it nice and roasty. This helps keep my filament dry and dry out filaments that have already sucked up a little moisture.

Just a point - I used to use a black drum but the PLA would get too hot near the top and was too distorted to used and sometimes even fused. Of course this is summer and it can be 35degC ambient.

wilsonj

Post by wilsonj » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:45 am

wackojacko wrote:In Auckland the humidity is at 94% and has been very high for the last few weeks. Our open rolls of filament are absorbing the moisture, need to get some damp dry as my rafts are not coming off no matter what version I use. (Up filament and our own flavour)
You can store your filaments at my place if you like!! We often have humidity numbers in the high teens. :D :D
Regards
Jamie
3DPrinterGear.com.au