Newbie..Up Mini Issues Solved

Support for UP mini. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
Steveb56

Newbie..Up Mini Issues Solved

Post by Steveb56 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:41 pm

I just got my Up Mini and it worked great for 2 days after calibrating and following procedures in manual.
On the 25th, I dl'd the new 1.8 for Windows. Prior I was successful with the 1.8b.

Now, all my prints are lifting off on 1 end and also the rafts are sticking so bad one end that I have to spend much time removing and clipping.

Why is happening? My kids were really turned on by it, now, with all the problems, they are afraid to touch it.

Can anyone help me a newbie through this?

Thanks
Last edited by Steveb56 on Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ahd71

Re: Newbie..Up Mini Issues

Post by ahd71 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:09 pm

Hi and welcome to the community,

Either you are doing larger prints now than before....or you are perhaps not printing close enough to the perfboard?
You can have the nozzle really close to the perfboard (touching or almost touching)

Good luck, and keep experimenting, I believe thats what most of us do :-)

roller

Post by roller » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:47 pm

I suspect you need to do your platform leveling calibration again. The software probably lost your old settings in the upgrade. A lot of details are held in the printer so when you move between softwares you don't lose settings but the leveling information is not stored there and may have been lost.

Steveb56

Post by Steveb56 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:18 am

ok..thanks all

I just platformed calibrated with a close space. Also I had warmed up the platform.

I just did that and I started a part that I have printed before with success (nautilus gear connector bar).

It is warping again and also the rafts are sticking to it so that it has become one with the print. This makes it very difficult to remove and clean up.

I used 1.8 windows.

Do I have a malfunctioning printer?

It is hard for me to realize that something that worked so fine is now just wasting resources.

Any advice is appreciated.

Tiertime-Edward

Post by Tiertime-Edward » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:56 am

Steveb56 wrote:ok..thanks all

I just platformed calibrated with a close space. Also I had warmed up the platform.

I just did that and I started a part that I have printed before with success (nautilus gear connector bar).

It is warping again and also the rafts are sticking to it so that it has become one with the print. This makes it very difficult to remove and clean up.

I used 1.8 windows.

Do I have a malfunctioning printer?

It is hard for me to realize that something that worked so fine is now just wasting resources.

Any advice is appreciated.
Did you do the platform level calibration again using the software? Maybe something caused your old settings lost.

norman_h

Post by norman_h » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:24 am

Steveb56 wrote:ok..thanks all
I find cleaning the boards is easy if I soak them in acetone.
I take an old ceramic casserole dish and pour in enough to cover the perforated boards.
Make sure that the board is elevated a mm from the bottom so that the acetone can freely flow and break down the ABS.

Acetone can be bought from you local hardware store in the paint section.
3D Printing. Living the next singularity now.

wackojacko

Re: Newbie..Up Mini Issues Solved

Post by wackojacko » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:21 pm

You can also do the same thing without soaking them, just by having the boards raised just above the acetone in an air tight container, the fumes will melt the plastic overnight.

Caution acetone fumes are flammable, keep away from any electrical devices and use in a well ventilated area.
Bruce
http://www.3DPrintingSystems.com

Need help with your printer, check out our Youtube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/user/3dprinting ... /playlists