Not able to pull out the ABS fillament.

Support for UP mini. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
a.thiriet

Not able to pull out the ABS fillament.

Post by a.thiriet » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:00 am

Hi,

This morning, my up mini doesn't want to print, yesterday i want to print a box and Mini have not finished the work.
I clean the noddle, replace it. Doesn't work again. I tryed to extrude whithout noddle, doesn't work.
I'm not able to pull out the ABS material. I use the withdraw button to pull out and pull out with hand, but it is still block.

Any ideas of why and how i can pull out fillament ??

Thanks

scubamatt41

Re: Not able to pull out the ABS fillament.

Post by scubamatt41 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:20 am

I guess you let the hot end (nozzle) get to temp before pulling? It needs to get to approx 260dc.

Have you checked that the extruder might be slipping but at the same time the filament is stuck in that section.

Best thing to do is to disassemble everything to take a looksee at the little extruder wheel and bearing. Or have you done that already and it's still stuck?
Always breath out on the way UP

JuliaDee

Post by JuliaDee » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:59 pm

A piece of filament jammed inside the down-tube? Happens sometimes if you manually withdraw filament before it's fully ready to come out.

a.thiriet

Post by a.thiriet » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:43 am

Problem Solved, I have dissasenbled everything and pull out the filament. It's a bit hard because the extruder was cold when i do that.

Thanks everybody for your solution.