Printer X-axis offset

Support for UP mini. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
menno

Printer X-axis offset

Post by menno » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:27 am

Hello everyone,

Suddenly my printer prints my projects with a offset in X-axis.As you can see on the pictures the objects are lined up in the software.When I send my nozzle to the center of the platform it is totally of center in X-axis.
I use the newest V2 software.What could be wrong?

Menno
Attachments
Offset X-axis.jpg
Offset X-axis.jpg (148.87 KiB) Viewed 11280 times
DSC00763.JPG
DSC00763.JPG (112.81 KiB) Viewed 11280 times

roller

Re: Printer X-axis offset

Post by roller » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:40 pm

The printers find their zero points when you initialise by registering on a switch - these are the clicks you hear when the axes bounce of zero during the process. I suspect your X switch has come loose and moved. I think you'll need to get in there and set it back in place.

menno

Post by menno » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:27 am

Thank you for your reply.I checked the X-axis switch and it was not moved or loose.(why they call it X-axis I do not know because in all of the world the coordinatesystem is Y-axis but anyway)
I do not understand why it is printing offset.

roller

Post by roller » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:37 pm

X axis is the one with heated bed moving back and forth ... is that the one you checked. Not sure why they label it X ... in reprap printers it is Y and the extruder moving back and forth is X.

menno

Post by menno » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:54 pm

They reverse the WCS = world coordinate system.Yes I checked the X-axis switch with no result.

lukeott

Post by lukeott » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:44 am

I had this problem too. The X axis (yes, it got me confused calling it X rather than Y to begin with) micro switch was not loose, but I bent the roller arm a little so that it referenced (clicking noise on initialisation) in the correct place. I should point out that I did this after speaking to the reseller and they sent me a replacement switch in case I snapped the arm off, but I'm not that heavy handed and it has worked fine. Still bugs me as to why it should have happened in the first place though.

roller

Post by roller » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:48 pm

Sorry, I should have said "or moved" and made clear the arms can bend. My bad. It is almost certainly the switches "reference point" which has changed from where it should be. Perhaps the metal arm has snapped off yours?

menno

Post by menno » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:33 pm

I tried to bend the arm of the switch with no result.The switch seems to be ok.I did the following.The printer prints with a offset of 7.5mm in X-axis to the door.
That means the switch has to be touched earlier.I made a little block of plastic with 2 holes and attached it with two M1.6 screws to the reference block.The new block is now 7.5mm longer.I tested it and the printer prints perfectly in the center of the platform.The picture shows the extended 7.5mm block
Attachments
DSC00800.JPG
DSC00800.JPG (108.6 KiB) Viewed 11142 times

middelweerd

Post by middelweerd » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:52 pm

Nevermind, I'll try to contact pp3dp for the STL-file of the X-axis Belt Block.

menno wrote:I tried to bend the arm of the switch with no result.The switch seems to be ok.I did the following.The printer prints with a offset of 7.5mm in X-axis to the door.
That means the switch has to be touched earlier.I made a little block of plastic with 2 holes and attached it with two M1.6 screws to the reference block.The new block is now 7.5mm longer.I tested it and the printer prints perfectly in the center of the platform.The picture shows the extended 7.5mm block
Hi Menno,

The X-axis of my Up Mini is 11 mm offset. Do you have a 3D-model that I can use so I won't have to take my machine apart to measure the block?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Coen