I can't calibrate the platform

Support for UP mini. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
sonic117

I can't calibrate the platform

Post by sonic117 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:17 pm

Hi, I've been reading posts around this forum for a while, but I hadn't written anything up to now. First of all, I'm Spanish, so my English level is not perfect, I'll try to do my best. I don't know anybody next to me with a 3D printer, and I can't find Up Mini forums in my language, so I hope you can understand my problem and help me.
My Up Mini was doing a great job until I changed the ABS roll. At first it came with a 700 grs roll, so I decided to buy a bigger one, the 1kgr roll (after I run out of ABS). The problem is that the printer hook is too small to hold it, so the weight of the roll made the extruder get higher in some specific points (pulling it up). At first I didn't realize what was happening, so I got crazy trying to calibrate the platform without any good result. Next day I understood that the problem was the roll weight, so I transfered some of my new ABS filament to the older roll. I thought that would fix the problem, but I was wrong. Now the extruder is higher in the opposite side and there's nothing pulling it up.
I've tried to calibrate the platform increassing the value in numbers 1, 4 and 7, but then the platform crashes when I move it to 3, 6 and 9. Doing the opposite (trying to calibrate focusing on 3, 6 and 9) the platform gets too far from 1, 4, and 7.
Phew!...I don't know if anybody can understand my problem, surely it will be some easy thing to fix, but I'm new in all this staff, I'm completly lost.
Thanks in advance!