[FEATURE REQUEST] Print Preheat Timer

Support for UP mini. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
marto

[FEATURE REQUEST] Print Preheat Timer

Post by marto » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:06 pm

For larger prints to ensure heating and reduce warping it is often suggested that you pre-heat the print bed. This also helps warm up the environment inside the chamber, which is particularly significant for the UP! mini. However as far as I know there is no option to pre-heat the printer.

What I would like is basically the same option as the post-heat settings in the print menu. So I can set a 30min pre-heat and let it print. Rather than having to start pre-heat, wait 30min then come back and start print.

Steve

roller

Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Print Preheat Timer

Post by roller » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:03 pm

In the maintenance menu there is a heat table for 1hour button. Is that what you mean? Make sure you block the hole at the top while just the table is going or it doesn't warm up that much.

marto

Post by marto » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:07 pm

There is also the 15min timer in the menu, but if you start a print it starts straight away. You should be able to set a time for it to wait then start printing.

Steve

roller

Post by roller » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:13 pm

Yes, well it starts when the platform and hotend are up to temp. To be honest you don't need the heat in the chamber at the start but as the model builds and the Mini chamber is not really designed to hold heat that well (with a big hole in the top). The Mini's advantage is keeping the cool and especially breezes away from your print. That keeps the warping down.

marto

Post by marto » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:23 am

Still I have found that preheating on my large parts, which have issues with warping helps. And this should be a relatively simple feature to add.

Steve