software stuck on sending layer 1 data

Support for UP mini. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
twosheds

software stuck on sending layer 1 data

Post by twosheds » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:24 pm

Hello all, my mini up is now unable to progress to the sending data stage. It does the layer creation stage ok but gets stuck at sending data layer 1. Anyone got a fix for this?

carlmamawal

Re: software stuck on sending layer 1 data

Post by carlmamawal » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:34 am

I'm also experiencing the same problem. I noticed that the Initialize button flashes from red to blue at an extremely fast rate. The started happening after canceling a print before the software was able to complete the transfer of data. Could it be issues with the mini sd card at the back?

carlmamawal

Post by carlmamawal » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:37 am

Hi, I'm experiencing the same issue. Also, the initialize button on the printer flashes between red and blue at an extremely fast pace. The problem started happening after canceling a print before the software was able to finish sending the data to the printer. Could it be issues with data storage in the mini sd card of the printer?

roller

Post by roller » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:44 am

I got this whenever I used the new software versions (1.19 and 1.52). Fixed it by reloading the latest firmware onto the printer. Give that a go!

LonV

Post by LonV » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:11 pm

I have also had this happen, and powering down the printer (from the back) solves it for me.

twosheds

Post by twosheds » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:27 am

Many thanks to all for your advise. This is a useful forum!

wackojacko

Post by wackojacko » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:49 am

Try the new 2.0 3d printer software on 3dprintingsystems.com under support.
Bruce
http://www.3DPrintingSystems.com

Need help with your printer, check out our Youtube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/user/3dprinting ... /playlists

Oral

Post by Oral » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:53 pm

I think , this is not a software version issue. because i got same error , both the latest and the former softwares. I solved the issue with "initialising" the printer after every operation before sending model data to printer. For example , in case you withdrew a filament before printing ,after this, you definetly must initialise the printer. And then you can transfer your model successfully to the SD card.

I wish it could help,

roller

Post by roller » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:19 pm

Well I only ever got it with later versions of software or immediately after using a later software version. When I stopped trying to use 1.19 for example and went back to 1.17 it never happened again. Interestingly I am finding other evidence around this issue but I will report back when I've done some firm testing.

a_recording

Post by a_recording » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:13 am

I've had this issue a number of times. I find I basically have to switch off the printer and sometimes restart the computer / software to get this to work. I'm on a Mac with version 1.5

roller

Post by roller » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:18 am

The latest versions of software are definitely not happy with Apple versions of hardware. I was having issues with 1.5.2 all the time but since changing some things with the earthing (previously my printer was sitting on a UPS) it is behaving better and freezes up on layer 1 only very rarely.