UP MINI

Support for UP mini. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
Numonic

Re: UP MINI

Post by Numonic » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:56 pm

Well based on what Xobject told me that if anything is not working correctly they would help me sort that out. To operate the way it was advertised, being that it's covered with a 1 year warranty. That answer made me feel more secure about a future purchase of the Up Mini, I'm still leaning towards it cause it is nice and covered and I wouldn't want any family members knocking my prints accidentally or getting hurt cause of the heat. But thats just me and my opinion. Another factor I'm still in favor of the Up mini is it's price it's a great price and my figures can be printed with the machine at the 6 inch marker they were intended to be built. I've seen my figure printed at .15mm and it was amazing quality knowing the Mini can do this makes me want it even more.

roller

Post by roller » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:24 pm

The Mini does 0.2mm layers not 0.15. That's a feature differentiation between the Mini and the Plus. I have noticed the Mini is a lot quieter than the Plus. Neither are loud but the Mini case does a good job of dulling the noise.

It is certainly a lot easier to burn yourself on the hotbed of the Plus ... it's hot whereas the Mini it hot to the touch when in use but not burn you hot. I could slide out the perfboard as soon as the Mini finished the print and never used the gloves or whipped my fingers away from the heat.

Numonic

Post by Numonic » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:18 pm

How is the detail in 0.2mm resolution ? Can you notice the difference between that and the 0.15mm ?
The quiet feature and the nice contained unit is appealing to me especially the bed where it's not too hot to the touch. I was going to put a cover over the opening on the top. Hmmmm maybe a printed cover with a groove to allow the filament to freely move would be a nice print :)

roller

Post by roller » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:48 am

Check this old topic for a comparison http://www.pp3dp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1139

Ignore the inconsistency of the 0.15 because looking at it it looks like the aftermarket was printed a little hot which is often the case for aftermarket ABS. I'm sure the genuine up filament behaves a little nicer. From the prints I've seen in real life the 0.2 looks good and 0.15 looks just that bit better especially with lots of curves.

Numonic

Post by Numonic » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:04 am

Roller thanks totally forgot about this one :)

roller

Post by roller » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:42 am

If you want to send me one of your STLs I'll print one off at both resolutions if you want to compare. Pick something Jamie printed for you already so you can compare the photos with what you have in your hand.

Numonic

Post by Numonic » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:15 pm

Roller,
That would be nice to be able to compare quality since I have alot of figures that need to be printed for iterations and fixes before they are finalized for sale. I'll upload you a link for access to my dropbox I sent to Jamie. Thanks again! :D

PMaster

Продам гидронасос для Aichi, Tadano, Toyota, Isuzu

Post by PMaster » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:27 pm

реализую распространенный шестеренчатый гидронасос Shimadzu SGP1-32L, SGP1A32L для строительной спецтехники Aichi, Unic, Tadano, Toyota, Isuzu, .

Быстро. Четко. Дорого
Компания УМ Строймост
контактный т\ф: +7(3435) 370-180
info@stroy-most.ru
База г.Серов можем отправить транспортной компанией Деловые линии
Срубка оголовков свай. Землесос. Скальная пила. Лидерное бурение. Оборудование PILEMASTER