UP! Mini

Support for UP mini. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
wackojacko

Re: UP! Mini

Post by wackojacko » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:50 am

Make sure the lever/door is closed on the extruder head while pre heating

www.3DPrintingSystems.com
Bruce
http://www.3DPrintingSystems.com

Need help with your printer, check out our Youtube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/user/3dprinting ... /playlists

walker407

Post by walker407 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:57 pm

eyUP wrote:
the part that connects the platform to the z motor pulley system broke
Was it this part ? Mine also broke so I modelled another slightly stronger one before I got the files from pp3dp (let me know if you want to try my part)
up-mini-broken-part.jpg
I also have these Mini parts from a couple of months ago..they may have changed since then however
Mini ABS Part.rar

That's the part! I managed to super glue the broken one back together and printed off one under the solid setting. After I fixed that problem, 2 more problems pop up :( . It now stops after printing the first layer, and if I try to print a raft layer, the nozzle will go too far to the left and hit the side, causing it to stop also. Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

Scott

Post by Scott » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:09 am

Following up on the Dragon print I posted earlier in this thread it has now been painted:

(second photo is the current paint job.)

A lady at work painted it for me so I don't know how it was done but it looks stunning.

Now that I'm not the only UP! mini user on this forum I will stop posting things Ive printed in this thread, and instead post a smaller selection of things I print in the Models area.

Cheers, Scott

wackojacko

Post by wackojacko » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:15 am

Hi Scott

Nice, Awesome paint job!! Any chance she can paint some models for us! Soon you will get 0.2mm resolution for your mini!

www.3DPrintingSystems.com
Bruce
http://www.3DPrintingSystems.com

Need help with your printer, check out our Youtube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/user/3dprinting ... /playlists

Scott

Post by Scott » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:52 am

wackojacko wrote: Nice, Awesome paint job!! Any chance she can paint some models for us! Soon you will get 0.2mm resolution for your mini!
I think it looks stunning :). I'm looking forward to the increased resolution (although I think it prints pretty well at 0.25 anyway).

Are you the New Zealand distributor? and are you NZ based? It's might be possible...

twocycler

Post by twocycler » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:24 pm

I finally got around to measuring chamber temp. About 30 minutes into a print I opened the door and shot the black side walls with a laser temp gun. The ambient chamber temp looks to be 40C in a 20C room.

wilsonj

Post by wilsonj » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:43 pm

Thanks for doing that. I suspect the air temperature could be even higher, especially at the print.
Regards
Jamie
3DPrinterGear.com.au

eyUP

Post by eyUP » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:10 am

walker407 wrote:That's the part! I managed to super glue the broken one back together and printed off one under the solid setting. After I fixed that problem, 2 more problems pop up . It now stops after printing the first layer, and if I try to print a raft layer, the nozzle will go too far to the left and hit the side, causing it to stop also. Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?
Glad you got it fixed...pp3dp are aware of the problem with that part.
Can't help with the other issues - mine's worked fine since the first issues.

It could be worth closing this thread now and posting to new ones, it's getting a bit diverse and the Mini is now widely available.