Instead of perfboard

Support for UP Plus and UP Plus 2. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
gholland

Instead of perfboard

Post by gholland » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:42 am

Hi All,

Interested in your opinions. I am having some warping issues as of late. I have everything heated and in the recommended settings but just seems to happen. I'm thinking of buying the lok build sheet and attaching it to the perfboard.

What are people thoughts?

DrewPetitclerc

Re: Instead of perfboard

Post by DrewPetitclerc » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:11 pm

I switched my build plates to glass with an equal success with purple glue stick on glass and buildtac on glass, sometimes for really large prints I even have coated the buildtac with glue stick with success.
Drew Petitclerc
Petitclerc Designs
Owner/Senior Principal Designer, prototype, tooling and test equipment design and 3D printing
http://flash-graphics.deviantart.com/
http://www.thingiverse.com/DrewPetitclerc

JimmyTorpedo

Post by JimmyTorpedo » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:37 am

I would suggest glass, but and how to's to mount and level and nozzle height is non existence. No one on here helps or has any how to's which would be ok if the manuals, and software and customer service were top notch but they aren't.
“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” HST

kcarbuncle

Post by kcarbuncle » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:52 pm

I just use regular (square) copper clad FR4 PCB boards (1/16" thickness, better if you can get non-copper clad TBH). Just cut them down to as close to the original perfboard size (without the ears on top). Just use some clips for additional clamping.

on the Plus, it's perfect TBH: It's not too big to have a bad warp (large sheets usually have some bowing), you get the smooth bottom with raftless printing, really good adhesion on most filaments with some glue stick (ABS, PLA, PETG, HIPS, Nylon tested) and almost the same height as the old perfboard, so you retain all the nozzle height check.

If you really want success against warping, i'd suggest making some sort of enclosure to keep the heat around the build area.