Up! Plus wont initialize properly after dropping.. :(

Support for UP Plus and UP Plus 2. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
Ollie

Up! Plus wont initialize properly after dropping.. :(

Post by Ollie » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:10 pm

Hi there,

So I was just about to do a print; turned on as usual, initialized fine, set the nozzle height, set the table 1 hour heat in sw.
While that was heating up I loaded my STL and started the print.

The instant it finished transferring to the printer, the fan went off, and the steppers turned off and the bed dropped...
The red/green flashing light went back to red. So it looked like it was uninitialized.

Now, no matter what I try (turn off/on with and without USB, unplug everything then power only etc. etc.) it wont initialize.
It beeps twice and for a split second the fan and steppers start but then uninitializes itself. :(

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Ollie

mb20music

Re: Up! Plus wont initialize properly after dropping.. :(

Post by mb20music » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:16 pm

Hi there Ollie, it sounds like your CPU is fried. Is your printer under warranty still?

Ollie

Post by Ollie » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:57 pm

I believe it may be, just! Otherwise a Smoothieboard it is...

Ollie

Post by Ollie » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:33 pm

mb20music

Post by mb20music » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:42 pm

Ollie wrote:I believe it may be, just! Otherwise a Smoothieboard it is...

Hopefully it is! because they want a tremendous amount of money for a new CPU, $1100 ! Which of course is unbelievably obnoxious!

Not sure what a "Smoothieboard" is... Probably wouldn't work with an UP! anyway!

Ollie

Post by Ollie » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:41 pm

It wasn't in warranty, by 3 days!

I emailed the nice people and Denford (which I believe is the UK's warranty provider) and they said they'd look at it for me, but I needed to ship it back to them and remove the print head etc.

Which was fine, albeit expensive, so as I removed the print head I notice a few loose connections and decided to take the printer apart and check all the connections.

Now it works! I left on all day yesterday and done a number of prints without any issues.

Cheers,
Ollie

D3rax

Post by D3rax » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:47 pm

Good for you! I do wonder though which connections were lose? As far as I know the printhead is only connected to the printer with the colored riboncalbe?
Up! Plus

josejuako

Post by josejuako » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:01 pm

You need to clean periodical all the electrical contacts , I use a pro clean contacts from 3 in1 house , is the first that you need to do always and test the continuity wire whit the tester !. The ABS vapors interrupted the connections and need to clean it .

Perdón por mi inglés es muy malo espero me entienda !.

Jose