ERROR 'Nozzle too cold'

Support for UP Plus and UP Plus 2. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
ktronik

ERROR 'Nozzle too cold'

Post by ktronik » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:15 am

Just in case others have the same issue....

first prints slowly got lumpier.....then 'up' stopped and showed Error: 'Nozzle too cold'

re-set....lumpy prints......still working....I was lucky that it gave the error code....

first thing to check, is wires on Hotend....they can break....open software, and wiggle lead gently while looking at the temp readout...

next, check plugs under extruder cover and then your temp mod if all well....then 'test replace' rainbow ribbon lead to extruder head....

as my fan had been cutting out, I replaced the rainbow ribbon, and now its printing much better, no errors, no lumps, and fan all good.....

easiest is to externally run the ribbon for testing, as it a pain to fit inside unit....

I use this printer HEAPS, and just plain worn out the ribbon, from the head going back and forth.....wished I had of picked it up a little earlier, as for a week or two prints were not as good....

so far so good....i cut 16 way ribbon to length and fitted two male in-line IDC connectors (16 way) CHECK YOUR WORK WITH YOUR METER BEFORE YOU HOOK UP THE RIBBON LEAD!! if you know in-line IDC connectors, you will know why....

hope this helps

Ktronik