Printer System Error Layer 1

Support for UP Plus and UP Plus 2. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
alexzogh

Printer System Error Layer 1

Post by alexzogh » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:12 am

I have an Up Plus 2

I pressed the stop print button in the middle of a print (filament spool was messed up), and now the printer won't print anything. When I turn it on, and bring up the software, I get a "printer system error layer 1" in the bottom right hand side of the software. When I initialize the printer, it goes to "prepared for printing", but there is nothing set up to print. I can't seem to get the printer out of this state.

I've unplugged it for several hours, I've held down the initialize toggle button. I've run up inspector and done a test SD card - which passed. Up inspector also says "prepared for printing" under the printer status"

Anyone have any ideas??

up.jpg
up.jpg (75.29 KiB) Viewed 9349 times
syserror.jpg
syserror.jpg (125.27 KiB) Viewed 9349 times
prepared.jpg
prepared.jpg (243.17 KiB) Viewed 9349 times

Tiertime-Edward

Re: Printer System Error Layer 1

Post by Tiertime-Edward » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:07 am

Hi, did you try to click "Stop All" button in the maintenance box?

mb20music

Post by mb20music » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:35 pm

When it shows "prepared for printing" means you can go ahead and start printing. Did you try to print something?

alexzogh

Post by alexzogh » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:46 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. Yes, I have tried the stop all. No dice.

I can't actually start printing anything because it thinks it's printing, or preparing to print. The print button is grayed out.

I'm stumped.

mb20music

Post by mb20music » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:06 am

Maybe try re-installling the UP! software?

Tiertime-Edward

Post by Tiertime-Edward » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:02 am

Hi, please try to re-install the software or update the ROM. If it still solves the problem, please contact your vendor or support at pp3dp dot com. Hope your printer work again soon.

Tiertime-Edward

Post by Tiertime-Edward » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:11 am

Hi Alex, can the initialize process be completed? Do you try to upload a model and click print? Maybe the printing status is stuck in process of heating the nozzle?

Please try to extrude material, and see if the material can be extruded. If material can't be extruded, please replace the nozzle heater.

alexzogh

Post by alexzogh » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:17 pm

Hi,

Answers to your questions:

I've uninstalled, rebooted, and reinstalled the up software without success. I tried to update the ROM, but received the error "The ROM file can't be used by the printer!" - I am picking the "Up Plus2(H) V6.09.ROM" file. I also tried the "up2.rom" file with the same error. All of the other ROM files seem obvious that they are not for a V2 printer.

The initialization process can be completed no problem. I can also extrude / withdraw and heat the bed form the maintenance window without problem. I can load a file, and "print preview", but the print button is greyed out, like it's already printing. Could it be the SD card, or a configuration file on SD card indicating it's in mid print?

ikumajp

Post by ikumajp » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:00 pm

Have you contacted support?
I am sure they can help you.
I have had the same problem before,
My problem was due to the y axis gear.
Because it can't initialize properly so it remains in error status.

What ever the case, I would contact support first.
I may sound bias but they are good people there :)

Tiertime-Edward

Post by Tiertime-Edward » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:41 am

Hi Alex, please contact your vendor to replace the CPU. It is possible the CPU issue.