Print is getting lose from printbed

Support for UP Plus and UP Plus 2. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
Rene1981

Print is getting lose from printbed

Post by Rene1981 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:52 pm

Hello,

wenn I try to print a some bigger print, the print is getting lose from the printbed. And then the print is destroyed :( That costs me too much filament and time.
I use ABS, with 0,15 mm layers. Its a heated bed too.

Can someone help me what I can do?

Thanks a lot!

Gr. René

ktronik

Re: Print is getting lose from printbed

Post by ktronik » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:17 am

The key to getting a big prints that warps, and tries to rip itself off the pref board is (using current setup) do in this order:

1. nozzle height, get it close as poss, but not too close that it block the nozzle and skips the extruder stepper.
2. level bed VERY WELL
3. full temp bed, that has a warmer on it...like the glove that the printer comes with. keeps good temp to bed, remove before printing.
4. even ambient temp around print, if it cools too quickly it will warp and rip its self off the pref board.
5. close fan, support is harder to remove, but everything does stick a bit better.

test and check in this order...it may take a few go to get right, but your issue should be in one of these...

last thing I do if it just wont work is put low 'tabs' around the edges of the print (no connected to the print, but very close), it makes the raft bigger that helps hold the edges stuck.

good luck

K

roller

Post by roller » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:37 am

Exactly what ktronik said and be aware you will get some clunk, clunk noises on the the first layer when it's close enough - its the feed jamming a little from the backpressure of being too close and not being able to squirt out plastic. That's ok - it's just the stepper missing steps - no damage done but it should happen occassionally on the first layer not all the way through the first layer - too much of this and you might eat a hole in the side of the filament and it will stop feeding and then you will probably have to clean the bits of plastic out of the extruder teeth. Not hard but an annoyance. That said, I always run my extruder a little lower because my prints a mostly large and I need the reliability. No harm done.

Rene1981

Post by Rene1981 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:49 am

Sorry for my late repsons.
With your help it worked.

Thanks!

Gr. René