Greetings from Romania.

New user in this forum can introduce yourself here. Pictures of new UP Printer, fresh prints from UP Printer, and more.
vale_sarbu

Greetings from Romania.

Post by vale_sarbu » Sun May 10, 2015 7:52 pm

I wanted to make a 3d printer for quite a while, and was slowly gathering info and parts.
Found this UP mini for less than 400euro new, and purchased it without even a blink.

First thing I did was lose the guide for assembly and start-up, but who reads those anyway. Got it up and printing rabbits in 20 minutes, just calibrated the nozzle height in the center.

Was amazed by the extreme ease of operation and setup. It's really a plug and play. After printing some bigger parts I noticed the parts got "Squished" on one side so I performed the platform calibration. I thought when it was tested 24 hours the calibration remained on it, but it had 0's everywhere. Also printed in third party PLA and ABS, albeit from the same company that imported the printer.

I am so amazed with the quality I am constantly thinking of buying the last one at the same price, even though it was "on display".

Only thing that is slowly killing me is that the processor board seems sensitive according to the forum posts and more expensive to replace than the purchase price. Hopefully being a electronics engineer with a mini-lab at home, and minimum support from the manufacturer I may fix it. :D
I am currently shutting it down from the back so the processor does not stay enumerated and idle waiting a command from up software or button.

Anyway sorry for the long post and greetings from Romania!

DrewPetitclerc

Re: Greetings from Romania.

Post by DrewPetitclerc » Sun May 10, 2015 11:51 pm

Welcome!
Regards
Drew
Drew Petitclerc
Petitclerc Designs
Owner/Senior Principal Designer, prototype, tooling and test equipment design and 3D printing
http://flash-graphics.deviantart.com/
http://www.thingiverse.com/DrewPetitclerc

stormychel

Re: Greetings from Romania.

Post by stormychel » Wed May 27, 2015 2:59 am

Hi, but you should have blinked... ;)
@stormychel