Hello from Somerset UK

New user in this forum can introduce yourself here. Pictures of new UP Printer, fresh prints from UP Printer, and more.
jayceekeys

Hello from Somerset UK

Post by jayceekeys » Tue May 20, 2014 2:01 pm

Hi Everyone !

Just thought I would say hello as today I have recieved delivery of my new Up! Plus 2 printer !

I'm not new to 3D printing .... having built a reprap before and currently owning a Zortrax M200 printer too. In fact it was one of the lovely people I met on the Zortrax forums (JuliaDee) that recommended that I buy the Up! as my new addition so you have her to thank for the great PR :D

So I will hopefully get to chat to many of you soon, but for now I'm going to head home with my new printer and get set up !

Cheers,

Jay :P

lukeott

Re: Hello from Somerset UK

Post by lukeott » Wed May 21, 2014 8:01 am

Hello Jay
I'm in Hampshire ,so not a million miles away from you.
Hope you enjoy using your printer, I've had mine nearly a year now with no previous experience and found it to be excellent.

jayceekeys

Post by jayceekeys » Wed May 21, 2014 9:58 am

Hey Luke !

Thanks! So far it seems to be a great printer :D I've only been printing since last night and had a successful first print, but then warps afterwards LOL. I soon realised it was that the bed needed a manual level and also that the nozzle height needed reducing a little. Although the auto functions are nice, I think it needed a manual setup first to give it a head start !

Printing fantastically now !

Cheers,

Jay :D

caesar

Post by caesar » Wed May 21, 2014 10:49 pm

Hey Jay,

Welcome to the UP club, I'm sure you will have a lot of fun with it.
Long time no talk since Z opened the forum again.

Regards,
maddoc

jayceekeys

Post by jayceekeys » Thu May 22, 2014 10:07 am

Hey Caesar !

Great to hear you and find you on here - Angelo and I were saying yesterday that we hadn't heard from you in ages and that you were missed !

Cheers,

Jay :D

lukeott

Post by lukeott » Fri May 23, 2014 7:11 am

I soon realised it was that the bed needed a manual level
I carried out this modification to the table that DrewPetitclerc came up with:
http://pp3dp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f= ... 5890#p5471

Straight forward and made levelling it so much easier, especially if you are printing raftless.

To reduce warping in ABS I decided on a very low tech approach. I have a large unassembled cardboard box with castellations cut out of the bottom to aid airflow to the electronics and a little clear laminate window taped in so I can see what's going on. If I'm doing a big print I fold it together and place it over the printer, it really helps. When I don't need it I knock it down again and tuck it out of the way. Simples!