Hi from Poole Dorset UK

New user in this forum can introduce yourself here. Pictures of new UP Printer, fresh prints from UP Printer, and more.
extreme 3d printing

Hi from Poole Dorset UK

Post by extreme 3d printing » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:24 pm

Hi there, i try'd to post but it never appeared so hear goes again! glad to be a part of the revolution but, my Up Plus is being a pain! loaded STL files, Initialized, auto revelled and nozzle hight. My printer is still dragging its extruder nozzle across the perf board like a dog with worms! WHY? this is getting me down now as sometimes its fine and i get great results! also the machine has now developed an annoying squeak when printing . please point me first in the right direction to post :) and or have any of you had this and sorted it as it seams very pointless having auto level and nozzle adjustments if they dont work.

hope to sort this asap :0 then i can purchase a load more printers

lukeott

Re: Hi from Poole Dorset UK

Post by lukeott » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:55 pm

Hi
Just seen your post and as you're not a million miles away from me I thought it only polite to reply.
I take it you have an Up Plus 2? I had a small problem with mine where the nozzle height wasn't being set correctly. The best thing is to check the height manually, it's very simple the instructions are in the manual or you can search for them on here.
The only squeaking I can think of might be coming from a tight belt??

extreme 3d printing

Post by extreme 3d printing » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:33 pm

hi there and thanks for the reply, the squeaking sounds like metal on metal but today its stopped so fingers crossed. as for the hight i find that 132.1 is now for some reason being detected and no grinding of the extruder nozzle on the perf board, well for now. Before the nozzle hight was being detected at 131.8 or something like this. what hight are you getting registered?

Where are you from then :) ?

PS up plus 2 and a Duplicator 4x and makerbot Digitiser

lukeott

Post by lukeott » Thu May 01, 2014 2:31 pm

I'm in Hampshire, so just next door to you!
The nozzle height will vary, I have 2 nozzles (so that I can continue printing if I am cleaning one) and they register different heights due to manufacturing tolerances. Make sure you set it when the nozzle is hot, but ensure there is no extruded plastic on the end (I wipe it with a rag dipped in acetone) for the best result I find.